6 bedroom detached house for saleBrickhouse Lane, Newchapel
- Period farmhouse with 3,368 sq ft
- Extensive outbuildings
- About 60 acres
- Immaculately kept
- Close to Lingfield
- Easy transport links
An immaculate 60 acre grass farm with Grade II Listed period farmhouse and a range of diverse buildings in a convenient location close to Lingfield with easy transport links. For sale as a whole.
A stunning Grade II listed property likely to date
from 1500 with additions in about 1600 and in the 1930’s. Presented in excellent order having been well maintained by the current owners who have lived at the property for over 50 years. The main features include:
• Entrance Hall with impressive staircase and exposed brick wall being the original front elevation of the house.
• Drawing Room having open fire with inglenook fireplace and beehive chimney with brick floor and door to the garden.
• Dining Room with open fire and beehive chimney with brick surround, brick paved floors and French patio doors to the garden.
• Play Room/Study off the Drawing Room with tiled floor and doors to the garden.
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room with range of units having double sink, two Stoves ovens with AEG four-ring induction hob and extractor over,
low-level fridge and bay window. Utility area with stable door to the front, space for washing machines and fridge freezers and Rear Lobby with door to the garden.
• Master Bedroom with views to the rear and over the gardens and land, with attached Dressing Room/Bedroom 7 having a range of fitted wardrobes and separate access.
• 6 further Bedrooms all with vaulted ceilings.
• Family Shower Room with part-tiled walls, towel rail, walk-in shower.
• Family Bathroom with part-tiled walls, bath, cupboards.
The property is approached through wrought iron gates with brick pillars to a tarmacadam drive with parking for several cars to the front of a double
garage and separate single garage, both with barn-style doors. A feature of the property is the stunning gardens with generous lawn to the front of the house with a range of mature trees and shrubs including conifers and pine trees with mature hedgerows on the borders. To the rear the gardens are laid mainly to lawn interspersed with numerous borders, again with an abundance of shrubs and roses and mature hedgerows and trees. At the bottom of the garden is a post-and-rail fence leading on to the land and there is a walled heated swimming pool with pool building including a changing room with shower, leisure room and plant room. To the rear of the swimming pool area is a chicken house and there are numerous other outbuildings including two summerhouses, glasshouse and garden shed.
Stables and Farm Buildings:
The stables and farm buildings can be accessed from both the main driveaway and a separate access to the side of the property over which there is a right of way. The stables are brick-built and comprise: workshop, three loose boxes, tack room and a tea room with WC and concrete apron. The farm buildings are arranged around a concrete yard and larger area of hardstanding with two attached Atcost buildings with barn doors and concrete floors measuring approximately 28m x 6m and 27m x 9m. Behind the buildings is a pole barn approximately 8m x 5m and a further Atcost building split into two with individual measurements being 11m x 9m and 18m x 9m. Beyond the last building is a collection yard. Off the main yard is a useful four-bay open barn housing storage and a workshop approximately 14m x 10m, and within the fields are further buildings including a two-bay open pole barn and cattle shelter together with a further timber-framed barn and shelter.
The land lies in a single block and is divided into traditional pasture fields with hedgerows, ditches, a small shaw running alongside a stream. The
pasture provides excellent summer grazing and is currently used for silage and haylage. There is a separate access to the land off Brickhouse
Lane. In all the land extends to approximately 60 acres.
An overage clause will apply to the farm buildings and immediate yard in the event of residential planning consent being achieved on this part of the property. The overage terms will be 30% of
the uplift on the value of the land applied for a period of 21 years.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-82100594.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HAY190039. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Haywards Heath - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.