4 bedroom apartment for saleLullingstone Castle, Lullingstone Park, Eynsford, Kent, DA4
- Superbly presented property
- Set within the grounds of Lullingstone Castle
- Striking character features
- Established gardens
- Off road parking
A handsome Grade II listed wing of Lullingstone Castle, set within beautiful secluded gardens
Moll Cob is a highly individual Grade II listed wing of Lullingstone Castle dating from the 15th century with the main house remodelled in the 18th century. Moll Cob provides elegant and flexible accommodation arranged over three floors. This unique property has a wealth of features including some panelled walls and ceilings, fireplaces, ¾ height multi pane sash windows, stone mullion lead light windows and feature stain glass window, window shutters, shell and dart coving and deep window sills. The property sits within beautiful established gardens which provide an attractive backdrop.
The impressive stone vestibule and oak front door open to the entrance hall with built-in storage, stairs rising to the first floor and a well-appointed cloakroom. There is also access to the central
Completing the ground floor is a utility room with a range of wall and base cupboards, worktop incorporating a butler sink and space for a fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
An attractive oak staircase rises to the first floor where a generous landing offers an outlook to a courtyard with stone mullion lead light windows, with feature stained glass inserts.
The principal reception rooms provide elegant and well proportioned areas for entertaining. They comprise an attractive double aspect drawing room with two fireplaces and delightful views over the gardens; the dining room with a fireplace, panelled ceiling and a built-in shelved cupboard and the sitting room with a fireplace with wood burner, built-in storage, panelled walls and a window seat.
The library has a fireplace with a wood burner and marble surround and a delightful outlook to the front, with a small study area adjacent.
The impressive kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with a range of bespoke wall and base cupboards with granite work surfaces incorporating a double butler sink. Appliances include a Stoves range oven, induction hob and Bosch dishwasher, with space for a fridge freezer. There are panelled walls and a wonderful outlook with the benefit of an oak window seat.
A stylish and well-appointed shower room adjoins the library and completes the first floor accommodation.
A further staircase rises to the second floor and benefits from built-in storage and loft access.
The impressive double aspect master bedroom has a charming fireplace with a wood burning stove and tile surround. The room is well-appointed with a bank of fitted wardrobes and enjoys lovely views over the gardens.
There is an adjoining well-appointed bathroom comprising a bath with shower over, pedestal wash basin and WC.
There are three further bedrooms, all of which are generously proportioned, with one room benefitting from a bank of fitted wardrobes and a brick feature fireplace.
A bathroom with a vanity unit, bath and WC completes the accommodation.
Moll Cob is the east wing of Lullingstone Castle which has been home to the Hart Dyke family for twenty generations. St Botolph’s church which was built in the early 16th century sits within the grounds, together with a 15 acre lake. Lullingstone Golf Course and Lullingstone Park are adjacent to the Castle grounds with Lullingstone Visitor Centre a short distance via a riverside footpath from the Castle grounds. Lullingstone Roman Villa sits between the Castle and Eynsford, a beautiful village at the heart of the Darent Valley, set in the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village has an ancient hump back bridge and ford together with many Tudor buildings, a Norman church and the ruins of a Norman castle nestling beside the River Darent. Eynsford has a number of local shops, pubs and restaurants and is within close proximity of the M20/M25.
• Comprehensive Shopping: Swanley (3.4 miles) and Sevenoaks (8.1 miles) offering supermarkets and high street shops. Bluewater (9.1 miles).
• Mainline Rail Services: Eynsford serving Blackfriars & St Pancras International during the week and London Victoria at weekends. Swanley and Farningham Road stations (London Victoria). Sevenoaks (London Bridge/Canon Street/Charing Cross). Ebbsfleet International Station (15 minutes) provides services to Europe.
• Primary Schools: Eynsford, Shoreham and Otford.
• Grammar Schools: Dartford Grammar School for Girls, Dartford Grammar School for Boys, Judd, Tonbridge Girls Grammar School, Tunbridge Wells Girls Grammar and Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys.
• Private Schools: Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Walthamstow Hall Schools, and a number of other private prep and senior schools.
• Leisure Facilities: Possibility of fishing at Lullingstone Castle as a member of Kingfisher Angling and Preservation Society Lullingstone Park offers footpaths throughout with Lullingstone Visitor Centre a short distance via a riverside footpath from the Castle grounds. Golf in Lullingstone, Shoreham, Otford and Sevenoaks (Wildernesse and Knole Park). Leisure centres in Fawkham, Sevenoaks, Hildenborough and Tonbridge.
• Communications: The M25 junction 3 (Swanley) provides access to London and the Suburbs, Dartford Tunnel, Gatwick, Stansted and Heathrow airports and the M20.
• Please note all distances are approximate.
Square Footage: 4,009 sq ft
From Sevenoaks take the A225 north towards Otford/Eynsford. Continue into Eynsford village along Eynsford Road turning left into Riverside opposite the village church. Continue over the hump back bridge and proceed along this lane where the road becomes Lullingstone Lane. Follow the signs to Lullingstone Roman Villa. Upon reaching the Villa, take the road immediately to the side and into the private drive at the back of the villa leading to Lullingstone Castle. Continue for about 1/2 mile to the very end of the road where there is a black gate with an access buzzer located on a post to the right. Continue onto the private grounds with the lake to your right. Follow the drive to the main house and Moll Cob is located at the end of a driveway between the main house and a row of white garages.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-83568644.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SES190020. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Sevenoaks. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.