4 bedroom detached house for saleHeadswell Avenue, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH10 6JU
- Contact Hearnes Estate Agents, Ferndown
- Enlarged and sympathetically refurbished
- Hillview School catchment
- Four bedrooms
- Fantastic kitchen/breakfast room/familly room
- Lounge and a sitting room/dining room
- Sumptuous family bathroom
- Stunning master suite with amazing views
- 31ft Garage
- Fully insulated office/gym
This sympathetically refurbished and substantially enlarged four bedroom, one bathroom, one en-suite, three storey character family home sits proudly on a large and private plot with a 110ft landscaped rear garden, 31ft garage, home office/gym and a fantastic 23ft master suite enjoying amazing views over the surrounding area. Situated in a sought after location within Redhill and in the Hillview School catchment.
This fantastic family home has been lovingly restored by the current owners who have managed to retain many of the properties 1930's features to include picture rails, original internal doors, original feature stained glass windows and replacement double glazing with stained glass which matches the original windows. The restoration has also included the addition of cast iron radiators, a wood burning stove in the lounge and replacement 1930's door furniture. The overall finish is a superb blend on both modern and traditional features.
• Entrance porch with attractive mosaic ceramic tiled flooring, a door leading directly into the 31ft garage and an internal door with original stained glass leading through to the reception hall
• Reception hall with oak flooring and double internal doors with period style stained glass leading through to the sitting room/dining room with a replacement bay window to the front aspect and two original feature stained glass side windows
• Lounge with a log burning stove sat on a stone hearth, a wooden mantel above, two original stained glass feature windows, a wooden panelled feature wall and French doors leading through to the kitchen/breakfast room/family room
• Kitchen/breakfast room/family room which is a fantastic family and entertaining space measuring 19ft x 17ft. Real features of this room are the vaulted ceiling with an atrium ceiling skylight and bi-fold doors offering uninterrupted views over the landscaped and large rear garden
• Kitchen area incorporating solid oak work surfaces, a recess for a range cooker with an extractor canopy above, integrated dishwasher, integrated fridge/freezer, good range of base and wall units, an L-shaped stone work surface with matching upstands and an inset sink, surrounding a central bench seating area providing space for a breakfast table and chairs, exposed brick feature wall, double glazed French doors leading through to the lounge and oak flooring with underfloor heating which continues throughout this fantastic space
• Refitted ground floor cloakroom finished in a 1930's heritage style white suite incorporating a wc, wash hand basin with vanity storage beneath and a tiled floor
• Utility area finished with a granite work surface, space and plumbing for an American style fridge/freezer, space for a washing machine and tumble dryer and oak flooring
• Half landing with an original stained glass feature window
• First floor landing with a staircase rising to the master suite
• Second double bedroom with a replacement bay window offering views across the rear garden
• Third double bedroom enjoying a dual aspect, with a replacement bay window to the front aspect and two feature side windows
• Fourth single bedroom with a window to the front aspect
• Sumptuously appointed family bathroom tastefully finished in a 1930’s style to incorporate a separate shower cubicle, chrome raindrop shower head, roll top claw footed bath, wc, pedestal wash hand basin and a tiled floor
• Impressive 23ft master bedroom with an excellent range of fitted cupboards and drawers, a walk in bay window offering fantastic views over the surrounding area and walk in wardrobe
• En-suite shower room finished in a contemporary white suite incorporating a shower cubicle, wash hand basin and wc with concealed cistern
• Fully enclosed rear garden which is without doubt a superb feature of the property as it has been recently landscaped, measures approximately 110ft x 40ft and offers a good degree of privacy
• Adjacent to the rear of the property there is a large Indian sandstone paved patio area, with steps leading down to a large expanse of lawn and further steps leading down to a covered patio area/barbeque area with light and power
• Log cabin with light, power and an adjoining garden store
• Side access on both sides of the property
• Front driveway providing off-road parking for approximately three vehicles
• 31ft Garage with double wooden doors, light, power, a door giving access into the property, a rear door leading out to the garden and double door leading through to the office/gym
• Office/gym with light, power, double glazed French doors leading out to the garden and underfloor heating
• Further benefits include a replacement gas-fired central heating system with Nest controls, water softener and double glazing
Castle Point shopping centre is approximately 2 miles away offering an excellent selection of shops. Bournemouth town centre offers a comprehensive range of shops, cafes, restaurants, leisure and recreational facilities, along with miles of sandy beaches, located approximately 4 miles away. Ferndown town centre is located approximately 3.5 miles away and offers a good array of amenities.
For schooling, Glenmoor & Winton Academies are approximately 1.5 miles away, whilst Bournemouth Grammer Schools for boys and girls are approximately 1.7 miles away. Walks along the River Stour can be accessed from Wimborne Road approximately ½ a mile away and Redhill Park is approximately 1 mile away.
COUNCIL TAX BAND: E EPC RATING: E
AGENTS NOTES: The heating system, mains and appliances have not been tested by Hearnes Estate Agents. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-86651177.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 137006. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hearnes Estate Agents, Ferndown. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.