|Added on Rightmove:||21 November 2016 (578 days ago)|
A HISTORY OF LILLESDEN HOUSE Built in 1855 by the esteemed banker Edward Loyd who co-founded the bank which ultimateyl became Natwest, this expansive home was crafted in the style of an attractive French Gothic chateau so popular of its time.
The house and estate remained with the family until just after the First World War, during which it was used as a hospital for wounded soldiers. It was then sold and eventually became the much-loved Bedgebury Girls Public School until 1998.
In-keeping with its impressive legacy, this Grade II listed private residence has since been sensitively restored to creat a magnificent collection of individual luxury apartments, whilst creating an exciting next chapter for this historic address.
SETTING Overlooking miles of beautiful undulating Kentish countryside. Lillesden House is elevated above 200 acres of parkland, forest and ponds, as well as extensive formal landscaped tiered gardens, conceived by the estate's founder, Edward Loyd.
Appropriate to this impressive location, a Coach House graces the private gated entrance of Lillesden House, as a stately welcome to the magnificent residence itself, which is accessed via a sweeping, treet-lined driveway.
With an unrivalled aspect, the warm red brick of this exquisite building glows in the wane of the settings sun, whilst the west-facing sun terrace allows for the enjoyment of the spectacular panoramic views until the very last minute of the day.
LOCATION At Lillesden House you can embrace village life to the full, as the estate is located a mere 0.3 miles from the desirable Moor area of Hawkshurst. Set around the pretty village green is The Eight Bells Pub and a combined post office and village store, selling all the day-to-day essentials.
Nearby, Hawkhurst High Street, with its attractive colonnade area, is a bustling cornucopia of independent boutiques and grocery stores, in additional to a small supermarket and public library. Hawkhurst is also served by many popular restaurants and pubs, the notable of which are The Great House and The Queen's Inn, serving gastro-inspired food.
Just 2.3 miles from the A21, Lillesden House is also perfectly placed to access the larger towns of Tunbridge Wells, Rye, Lewis and Battle for further retail and dining opportunities.
SPECIFICATION * German 'Hacker' designer kitchen with fully integrated high performance appliances by Siemens
* Bathrooms with Villeroy & Boch toilets, large showers with Hansgrohe controls, Bagno Design units and Hansgrohe brassware
* 10 year Premier guarantee warranty
EXTERIOR AND COMMUNAL AREAS * Remote electronically operated security gates as front of development.
* 28 Acres of landscaped communal gardens
* Allocated Parking
* Bicycle Store
* Limestone flooring to ground floor and under dome area
* Carpeted flooring to all other communal areas
* Large chandeliers in the ground floor hallways and over main staircase.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 101646000533. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Steven Oates, Hertford - Lettings.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.