|Added on Rightmove:||11 May 2018 (132 days ago)|
- Peaceful and private location
- Stone cottage. Part of restored, listed farmhouse
- On hillside with superb views over the valley
- Rent directly from private landlord (local)
- 1 mile from station - for Sheffield, Manchester
- Wood burning stove in living room
Property reference number 5718077. To enquire about this property click the "Request Details" button
Orchard Cottage is one of 3 dwellings that resulted from the tasteful restoration of an old Derbyshire longhouse. The property is a listed building and this is reflected in the way the cottage blends into its surroundings.
The surroundings themselves are quite special, with superb views over the Hope Valley. Apart from the tenants of the other two cottages there are no close neighbours.
The accommodation comprises an open plan living and kitchen area, two bedrooms and a bathroom with shower. The living area has a modern wood burning stove and there is oil-fired central heating to all rooms. A small shed at the rear provides additional storage.
Access and parking
The property is about a mile (uphill) from the main Hope Road and from Bamford station. There are trains to Sheffield and Manchester and buses to Sheffield and Castleton at the head of the valley.
Access is via a private driveway that is shared by the owners and the tenants of the other cottages. The drive terminates in a large gravelled area in front of the cottages. There is ample space for two vehicles in front of the property.
There is a metered electricity supply to each cottage. The landlord pays the overall bill and divides it between the cottages on the basis of their metered usage.
Water is pumped from a private bore hole and the good quality is tested and confirmed regularly. Waste water flows to a septic tank some way below the cottages. As a result there are no water and sewerage charges payable to the local authority. The landlord levies a small monthly charge to cover part of the local cost.
The local authority does provide services such as refuse collection and council tax is payable direct to them. The property is band B.
Hot water for washing etc and for central heating is provided by an oil-fired central boiler and thermal store. The cost of oil is shared - again based on meters in each cottage.
Admin & Fees
All contact in relation to the tenancy will be directly with the owners, so there are no agents fees except for reference checking which is handled up-front by Upad. The owners charge a modest £100 admin fee for establishing a new tenancy.
* Please quote ref. 5718077 when enquiring about this property.
Phone lines open
Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm
Sat, Sun & public holidays 9am - 4pm
The landlord will charge a maximum of £100.00 in fees for this property, to cover the following:
- Inventory checks
- Deposit registration
- Tenancy set up
If the Landlord instructs Upad to reference prospective tenants there will be a fee. £75 (£62.50 + VAT) charged to the tenant
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-54334626.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 5718077_56711. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by UPAD, Nationwide.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.