Commercial Property to rentShiel House, 54 Island Street, Galashiels, Scottish Borders
- Self-contained Office suite comprising General Office, office 2, kitchen and WC
- Shared reception/waiting area and meeting room
- Refurbished to an excellent standard
- Presented in good decorative order throughout
- French doors from meeting room to hard-landscaped courtyard to the rear
- Flexible layout which readily offers scope for the second floor offices to be let separately
- Perimeter trunking providing a good number of 13A sockets
- Cat 5/6 cabling (configuration to be confirmed ? adaptation may be required)
- Modern fitted kitchen
- Powder coated aluminium framed double glazed windows
Shiel House is situated to the west of Galashiels town centre.
Galashiels has a population of approximately 14,000 and is one of the main towns in the Scottish Borders. It is generally considered to be one of the principal administrative, retail and social centres for the region, effectively serving a population in excess of 110,000.
The town also benefits from a significant student population with campuses of Heriot Watt University and Borders College. Re-development works have recently been completed in the town including the Galashiels inner relief road and the Borders Railway link re-establishing passenger services between Edinburgh Waverley and the Central Borders. The journey time from Galashiels to Edinburgh city centre is approximately 55 minutes, with departures every 30 minutes. On weekdays the first train departs from Edinburgh at 0545, the last at 2355. Further details on the Borders railway are available at http://www.bordersrailway.co.uk.
Distances to nearby towns and cities are detailed below:
City / Town Distance (Miles)
Shiel House is a two storey plus attic level end terraced building of traditional stone construction under a pitched roof clad in slate. The building has recently been refurbished to an exacting standard.
The available office suite is on the second floor and is presented in excellent order throughout with salient features including:
Flexible layout which readily offers scope for the second floor offices to be let separately
Perimeter trunking providing a good number of 13A sockets
Cat 5/6 cabling (configuration to be confirmed – adaptation may be required)
Modern fitted kitchen
Powder coated aluminium framed double glazed windows
Fresh decoration and new floor coverings throughout
Ground floor reception/ waiting area
The accommodation comprises:
Reception, meeting room with French doors to hard landscaped gardens to the rear backing onto Gala Water; kitchenette, WC and stairs to upper levels.
Ferguson Planning Offices.
Landing, general office, office/ store room, kitchen, WC.
The subjects have been measured in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice to provide the following approximate net internal floor areas:
Reception/ Waiting Area 16.24 sq m (175 sq ft)
Meeting Room 14.09 sq m (152 sq ft)
General Office 10.50 sq m (113 sq ft)
Office/ Store Room 6.26 sq m (67 sq ft)
Kitchen 2.42 sq m (26 sq ft)
All mains services connected. Gas fired central heating via radiators.
Available to let on full repairing and insuring terms.
There will be a service charge in respect of heating, electiricty, maintenance and upkeep of the common areas.
Rateable value to be assessed.
Strictly by arrangement with the letting agents:
Edwin Thompson LLP
76 Overhaugh Street
Tel. 01896 751300
Fax. 01896 758883
Property ref: 121_2523_3936557
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 3936557. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Edwin Thompson, Galashiels.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.