|Added on Rightmove:||09 May 2018 (188 days ago)|
- Unique Detached Residence
- Stylish 4 Bed Accom
- Excellent Family Kitchen
- Double Garage
- Landscaped Gardens
- Views Over Dee Valley
- Much Sought After Area
- Grazing Land Included
Hilltop is a striking property designed by leading North West Architects, McCormick Architecture. The original buildings on the site included a small brick built farmhouse and a barn in mellow stone. This is a rare opportunity to secure a house in such a prominent and sensitive location. The challenge was to link the buildings to create a single house, whilst retaining the character and integrity of the original farmstead. The owners brief was to create a home well suited for contemporary living, which is efficient to run and without wasted space. The successful development provides an excellent home with high quality fittings, underfloor heating with a ground source heat pump, which takes full advantage of the beautiful views across some of the most attractive countryside in the region. Hilltop has the added advantage of land suitable for grazing horses.
Situation - Hilltop is located in a prime position in a sought after area on the Welsh Border. Erbistock is a hamlet about 1 mile from the pretty village of Overton on Dee. It is well known for its beautiful countryside bisected by the meandering River Dee, a famous salmon river, and for its popular pubs/restaurants, The Boat and The Cross Foxes. There is access to the thriving commercial centres of Wrexham, Chester and Liverpool, and to some of the best schools in the region, being King's and Queen's Schools in Chester, Ellesmere College, Packwood Haugh, Shrewsbury School and Morton Hall. There are golf courses at Wrexham and Oswestry, horse racing at Chester and Bangor on Dee and fishing on the River Dee.
Directions - From Wrexham take the A525 Whitchurch Road into Marchwiel, turning right opposite the Church onto the A528 signposted to Overton on Dee. Continue for about 2 miles turnig right by The Cross Foxes and Overton Bridge signposted Erbistock Church. Continue on this lane for about half a mile and Hilltop will be seen on the left hand side.
Accommodation - Hall
Master Bedroom Suite
The principal part of the link between the former barn and the house is an excellent open plan family Kitchen with bespoke kitchen units, an island, a range of integrated appliances and a Dining area. This in turn is open to Sitting Room within the original house structure. Beside this is a Utility/Boot Room with a door to the garden. On the far side of the house is a more formal Drawing Room, again with magnificent views, a Bedroom and a Shower Room. There are staircases at either end of the house. In the original part of the house there is a first floor Master Bedroom with fitted wardrobes and an En Suite Bathroom, and in the Barn section 2 Bedrooms and a Shower Room.
3 further Bedrooms
2 Shower Rooms
About 3 acres of land
Outside - The property is approached from the lane via electric gates set between brick piers. A sweeping gravel drive leads to a parking area at the front of the house. The front door is set within a glazed lobby, providing a glimpse of the stunning views.
The house is set in attractive gardens to both the front and rear with a large stone paved terrace accessed through french doors from the kitchen. The perimeter of the garden has estate railings and beyond is the land which slopes gently to the valley below. A double garage/tool shed/stable/storage building is situated in one corner of the property.
Services - We understand that Mains Water and Electricity are connected subject to statutory regulations. Private Drainage. Underfloor central heating effected by a ground source heat pump. Neither the services nor appliances have been tested and prospective purchasers are invited to obtain specialist reports if required.
Viewing - STRICTLY By prior appointment through the Agents, Jones Peckover, Wrexham Office, Tel: (01978) 364283. Email:- email@example.com
Tenancy Agreement - A charge of £216 (inc VAT) per individual applicant OR £252 (inc VAT) per couple, will be charged as a contribution towards the administration costs involved in setting up the Tenancy and obtaining references. This is payable before the start of the tenancy in addition to rent and surety deposit, and includes a referencing charge which must be paid by the prospective tenant before the Referencing Agency can be instructed.
Terms Of Let - 1. The property is offered on an assured shorthold tenancy for an anticipated 12 months Let initially - a longer Let may be possible by negotiation.
2. A copy of the proposed Tenancy Agreement is available for viewing at Jones Peckover's Offices, 33, High Street, Wrexham during normal opening hours. In brief, the repairing obligations are such that the Landlord will be responsible for all the main structure and internal fixtures, and the Tenant mainly responsible for maintaining internal decoration to a good standard, and obviously for repairing all breakages. The Landlord will be responsible for insuring the property. The Tenant will be responsible for arranging his/her own contents insurance cover.
3. The Tenant will pay all outgoings, including Council Tax, Water, Gas/Oil and Electricity
4. Rent required is £1900 per calendar month, payable monthly and in advance, by Standing Order.
5. The Tenant will also be required at the outset to pay a surety deposit of £3800 to be held by Jones Peckover the Landlord's Agents throughout the term against any possible damages, breakages etc.
Floor Plan -
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-65267731.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 27851642. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jones Peckover, Wrexham.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.