|Added on Rightmove:||08 November 2017 (320 days ago)|
- Glorious countryside views front & back
- Tranquil rural location
- Lovely garden with stream
- Home office
- Elegant recently decorated accommodation
- Superb walking and riding nearby
- Neighbouring villages with pubs and amenities
- 6 Month Let available
An elegant country house with wonderful views to both front and back in an idyllic rural location.
The Coachman's House is a delightful property located in an idyllic rural location with wonderful views both front and back. Built originally in the mid 1800s for the coachman to the main house of the Fontmell Parva Estate it is constructed of mellow sandstone and brick quoins beneath a hipped tiled roof. The whole property has been renovated by the current owner including external landscaping. The interior has been classically decorated with Farrow and Ball and there is a wonderful understated elegance throughout with wooden floors and stone fireplaces, fitted kitchen and traditional white porcelain sanitary ware. The accommodation is light and bright with principal ground floor rooms facing south. The kitchen and utility room are to the rear and the kitchen has views over fields and there is a door to the terrace. From the hall the staircase rises to a half landing and splits with double bedroom to one side, two double bedrooms, ensuite and family bathroom to the other side. All bedrooms have fantastic far-reachiing views over the surrounding countryside. Outside the garden is about a third of an acre and there is ample parking as well as double garage and adjoining hobbies room or home office. The location is very special with walking and riding in abundance nearby.
The property is set in a delightful rural location between the villages of Child Okeford and Manston. There is the Church of St. Nicholas and a well-known public house, The Plough, within the Parish.
Child Okeford has a shop, two pubs, primary school, church and village hall as well as organic farm shop and the market towns of Sturminster Newton, Shaftesbury and Blandford Forum are easily accessible. The area is well known for excellent private and state schools and nearby Hambledon Hill offers wonderful walking.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-70011110.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference STU170267_L. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Sturminster Newton.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.