8 bedroom guest house for saleCathedral Road, Pontcanna, Cardiff
Guide Price £699,000
- £1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE (subject to terms and conditions)
- Three storey town house
- Formally used as a guest house
- Self contained unit
- Eight room guest house
- Lounge and dining rooms
- Many original features
- Garage and garden
A substantial Cathedral Road property that represents a rare opportunity as it launches to the market with it's hall to hall neighbouring property. Versatile accommodation offers potential use as a guesthouse/hotel, re-instatement for use as a substantial family home or for redevelopment.
This substantial Cathedral Road property represents a rare opportunity as it launches to the market with it's hall to hall neighbouring property. Versatile accommodation offers potential use as a guesthouse/hotel, re instatement to a substantial family home or the potential for purchasing two neighbouring properties.
Etched panelled front door with stained glass side lights and stained glass windows above, opens to the welcoming entrance hall. Detailed coved ceiling with centre rose, dado rail, radiator, doors to the reception rooms, panelled door to rear lobby and a stairwell with original balustrade leads to the first floor.
Sitting Room 18' 5" into bay x 16' 8" to recess ( 5.61m into bay x 5.08m to recess )
Sash bay window to front with detailed stained glass windows over, intricate cornicing, skimmed ceiling and picture rail. Distinguished slate fireplace with tiled hearth and inserts, radiator, power points, TV point and telephone point.
Dining Room 15' 6" x 14' 6" ( 4.72m x 4.42m )
Well appointed dining room with ceiling detailing, fine cornicing and picture rail, a beautiful marble fireplace with tiled hearth and inserts, radiator and power points, opening to an additional area of approximately 4'10" x 8' with windows and door leading to the rear.
Cellar Bedroom Irregular Shaped Room 12' 8" x 12' 3" ( 3.86m x 3.73m)
Converted basement with light well, fitted wardrobes and power points.
Study 5' 9" x 5' 6" ( 1.75m x 1.68m )
Small office area with power points, interlocking door to the lean-to.
Bedroom One 12' into bay x 13' into robes ( 3.66m into bay x 3.96m into robes )
Bay window to side, fitted robes, radiator and power points.
Kitchen L-Shaped Room 22' 2" x 13' 7" + 12' 10" x 6' 11" (6.76m x 4.14m + 3.91m x 2.11m )
Fitted with a range of wall and base units with worktops over, tiled splashbacks, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and drainer, tiled floor, original feature cast iron range with tiled surround and slate mantle over, two integrated fridges, window and door to side. Leading to a rear lobby with door to side, bathroom and guest lounge.
Three piece suite comprising a low level W.C., wash hand basin and a panelled bath with mixer tap, radiator, tiled walls and window to side.
Lounge 17' 3" x 13' 3" ( 5.26m x 4.04m )
Double glazed french doors overlooking the rear garden, tiled floor, power points and TV aerial point.
Room One 13' 3" x 8' 11" ( 4.04m x 2.72m )
Accessed from first floor landing with double glazed window to side, radiator, power points and ensuite comprising a walk in shower, a low level W.C. and wall mounted wash hand basin. Tiled surround and extractor fan.
Room Two 10' x 8' 5" ( 3.05m x 2.57m )
Window to side, radiator, power points and ensuite comprising a low level W.C., a walk-in shower and wall mounted wash hand basin, tiled surround and extractor fan.
Room Three 12' 8" extending to 15' 10" x 9' 9" ( 3.86m extending to 4.83m x 2.97m )
Window to side, panelled glazed door to fire escape, radiator, power points, ensuite bathroom comprising a low level W.C., pedestal wash hand basin and panelled bath with overhead shower, tiled surround and extractor fan
Room Four L-Shaped Room 15' 6" into recess x 14' 8" + 14' 5" x 10' 7" (4.72m into recess x 4.47m + 4.39m x 3.23m )
(Accessed from upper level on first floor landing) Original ornamental slate fireplace with detailed tiled insert. radiator, window and panelled glazed door to rear fire escape. Ensuite comprising a low level W.C., pedestal wash hand basin and a walk-in shower and extractor fan.
Room Five L-Shaped Room 12' 10" x 22' 2" max into the alcove + 18' 5" into the bay x 5' 4" (3.91m x 6.76m max into the alcove + 5.61m into the bay x 1.63m )
Sash bay window to front, radiator, power points, en-suite bathroom comprising a low level W.C., pedestal wash hand basin, a panelled bath, radiator, window to front and tiled splashbacks.
Room Six L-Shaped Room 14' 6" x 14' 8" + 9' 1" x 9' 5" (4.42m x 4.47m + 2.77m x 2.87m )
Accessed from second floor landing with a glazed fire door to rear, radiator, power points and feature ornamental slate fireplace with tiled inserts, ensuite comprising a low level W.C., radiator, wash hand basin and walk in shower, tiled surround and extractor fan.
Room Seven 11' 6" x 8' 11" ( 3.51m x 2.72m )
Sash window to front with secondary glazing, radiator, power points, ensuite comprising a low level W.C., radiator, wash hand basin, walk in shower, extractor fan and tiled walls.
Room Eight 11' 6" x 8' 11" ( 3.51m x 2.72m )
Sash window to front with secondary glazing, radiator, power points, ensuite comprising a low level W.C, radiator, wash hand basin, walk in shower, extractor fan and tiled walls.
Detached garage with electric remote controlled door, power and lights and folding door to garden.
Enclosed rear garden area mainly laid to lawn with door to fitted shed, and doors to garage. Outside area with access to additional access to fitted shed (doors to both garden and side area) additional storage area and access to wrought iron fire escape.
Front garden laid to lawn with mature shrubs, inset flower borders, stone pillared storm porch with tiled floor and walls to front door.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CRP103760. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Allen & Harris, Pontcanna. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.