14 bedroom pub for sale2576, The Kings Head Hotel, Cross Street, Abergavenny, NP7
- Business for sale
- Ideally located in a prominent trading position on a busy road in the heart of Abergavenny
- The business enjoys a high footfall and receives much passing trade from the busy A40
- T/O: £620,000 GP: 57%
- Recently been awarded a 4 star rating from the Welsh Tourist Board
- There is 1-bedroom owners' accommodation with lounge/diner, kitchen and bathroom
The Kings Head Hotel occupies substantial 3-storey mid-parade premises, ideally located in a prominent trading position on a busy road in the heart of Abergavenny, Monmouthshire. The premises are surrounded by a variety of complementary shops and businesses and are close to the farmers market. The business enjoys a high footfall and receives much passing trade from the busy A40. There are excellent public transport links close by with numerous bus stops and the railway station is within easy walking distance. The business boasts easy access to the A-road network including the A40 and the A465. Abergavenny lies on the River Usk and is known as the 'Gateway to Wales' due to its location between the two mountains, Blorenge and Sugar Loaf and is an ideal base to visit the Brecon Beacons National Park. The M4 lies approximately 17 miles to the south and Cardiff is less than 30 miles away.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving hotel, pub and restaurant, which was established in 1700 and which has been in our clients' careful hands since 1999. The hotel is only now offered to the market due to our clients' wish to retire. The business trades 7 days a week and generates a turnover in the region of £620,000 per annum with a gross profit of 57%. Our clients offer 14-letting rooms all with en-suite facilities, a variety of fine wines and ales, a function room and a separate restaurant serving a high quality menu. We feel the turnover could be increased by advertising the function room further, as this is currently not run to full capacity. The business has an excellent reputation and is renowned its high levels of quality and standards. The hotel is highly rated and was recently been awarded a 4 star rating from the Welsh Tourist Board. There is a website in place advertising services and accommodation, which we feel would benefit from the addition of online booking facilities. There is 1-bedroom owners' accommodation with lounge/diner, kitchen and bathroom. This is an ideal opportunity to acquire an already thriving hotel, with 1-bedroom owners' accommodation and scope for future growth. Early negotiations with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £620,000 approx.
Mon - Sun: 10:00am to 12:00am
Substantial 3-storey detached public house premises with restaurant and 14-letting rooms. Briefly comprising:
• Bar area with tables and chairs, wooden corner bar servery with 14 points of dispense, bottle chiller, electronic cash register, glass washer, wash hand basin, shelving for glasses and optics display
• Newly fitted commercial kitchen with 6-burner hob, oven, fryer, griddle, grill, refrigerators, freezer, preparation area and wash hand basin
• Restaurant with separate frontage and ash bar servery with 4 points of dispense
• Beer cellar
• Ladies and gents WCs with wash hand basins
• Staff room
• Owners' accommodation comprising of lounge/diner with feature fireplace, double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and galley kitchen
• Conference room with feature fireplace and seating for 15
• Store room
• Laundry room
• 6 x double bedrooms all with en-suite facilities
• Family room with double and single bed and en-suite bathroom
• 4 x single bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
• 3 x twin bedroom with en-suite shower rooms
• Separate function room to rear with exposed beams, bar, kitchen and ladies and gents WCs with wash hand basins
• Dry store room and walk-in refrigerator
• Bench seating
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-34907486.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2576. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.