Garage for saleGallway Motor Company, Holmpark Industrial Estate, Newton Stewart, DG8
1 sq. ft.
- Business for sale
- Boast easy access to the town centre and to the A75, which runs from Dumfries to Stranraer
- Newton Stewart is known as the Gateway to the Galloway Forest and is a desirable place
- T/O: £175,000 GP: 40%
- Represents an ideal opportunity to acquire a thriving garage services business with letting units
Galloway Motor Company occupies substantial freehold property in a prominent location at the entrance of a popular industrial estate in Minnigaff, Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway. The premises boast easy access to the town centre and to the A75, which runs from Dumfries to Stranraer. The area is popular with tourists, who flock to the region for its wealth of activities and attractions. Newton Stewart is known as the Gateway to the Galloway Forest and is a desirable place in which to live and work. Stranraer lies approximately 26 miles to the west, while Dumfries is approximately 52 miles to the east.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this popular garage and investment units, which were built by our clients in 1984 and which are only now being offered to the market due to our client's wish to retire. Our client occupies one unit with his thriving vehicle repair and service business, while another unit is currently let out to a tyre services business. There is also a vacant car showroom, which could be used by a new owner or let out to generate a steady income. Galloway Motor Company is currently run at a pace to suit our client and generates a turnover in the region of £175,000 per annum with a gross profit of 40%. A new owner could increase the turnover by perhaps, applying to carry out MoT testing, offering car sales in the vacant showroom. The premises would be suitable for use by a new car dealer franchise, for used car sales or other uses such as camping and outdoor equipment supplies. We are advised that the whole site has planning consent for retail use. This represents an ideal opportunity to acquire a thriving garage services business with letting units. Early discussions with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £175,000 approx.
Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 5.00pm
Sat: 8.00am - 2.00pm
Detached industrial units extending to approximately 7,700 sq ft. Briefly comprising:
• Workshop with 1 x 4-post ramp, 2 x 2-post ramps, rolling road test cell, tyre fitting equipment, a variety of equipment and hand tools
• Customer WC
• Staff canteen area
• Staff WCs
• Separate store room, previously used as spray booth
• Office with customer waiting area, desk, computer and seating
• Mezzanine machine shop with milling machine, lathe, drills and work benches
• Mezzanine office with desks, filing cabinets and computer
• Showroom with capacity for approximately 6 vehicles
• Portable office pod
Potential income of £15,000 per annum, ideal for a variety of uses such as large convenience store, camping and outdoor equipment supplies etc.
• Letting unit, currently let to a blue chip Scottish company for approximately £20,000 per annum (increase in 2012 to £25,000 per annum)
• Secure compound, 31mtr x 24mtr approx, with capacity for up to 40 vehicles
• Parking to front and side for approximately 30 vehicles
Leasehold option considered
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-34955243.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2598. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.