7 bedroom guest house for saleAncaster Road, Callander
Offers Over £450,000
- EPC- E44 - Rating
- 7 Bed Detached Villa, 5 en-suite, 3 recep
- Kitchen & Office/Bedroom
- Family Bathroom GCH/Driveway
- Currently run as a B & B
- Private Gardens Ref AG
An outstanding opportunity to purchase a substantial 7 bedroom detached villa situated on a prominent elevated plot with open views over Callander and beyond. Currently run as a successful Bed & Breakfast with a Four star Tourist Board rating "The Knowe" is a wonderful property
An outstanding opportunity to purchase a substantial 7 bedroom detached villa situated on a prominent elevated plot with open views over Callander and beyond.
Currently run as a successful Bed & Breakfast with a Four star Tourist Board rating "The Knowe" is a wonderful property that lends itself to a business venture or has the flexibility to provide a magnificent family home. This imposing property dates back to circa 1910 and has extensive accommodation over two levels. The ground floor comprises entrance vestibule, hallway, living room with feature fireplace, dining room with patio door to front patio, well proportioned lounge with bay window and feature fireplace, study/bedroom 7, spacious well equipped kitchen with utility area off, bathroom and bedrooms five and six (bed six en suite). A substantial dressing area between bedroom five and six completes the downstairs. (It should be noted that bedrooms five and six are currently used as the owner's accommodation). The upper floor is accessed by an impressive timber staircase and provides 4 en suite bedrooms with the main bedroom in particular benefiting from magnificent panoramic views. The Knowe is a home of real charm and character mixed with the practicality of modern living. Fixtures and fittings are to an excellent standard with a modern extensive kitchen and all en suites having been recently upgraded. As part of the current owners refurbishment the roof of the property has been completely renewed. All rooms are presented to a first class standard with tastefully stylish décor. Quality floor coverings throughout.
"The Knowe" sits on a generous elevated plot with a sweeping driveway providing substantial car parking. The garden to the front is mainly laid to lawn with attractive hedging. A bright South facing patio makes best use of the fantastic views. To the rear are more private gardens, backing onto woodland, which again are mainly laid to lawn. Outbuildings provide further storage facilities.
Gas Central Heating. Predominantly Double Glazed (front feature windows single glazed). Driveway
Lounge 18' 10" to bay x 14' ( 5.74m to bay x 4.27m )
Living Room 17' 4" max x 13' 11" ( 5.28m max x 4.24m )
Dining Area 13' x 10' 10" ( 3.96m x 3.30m )
Bedroom/office 11' 2" x 10' ( 3.40m x 3.05m )
Kitchen 14' 3" max x 14' 3" L shape ( 4.34m max x 4.34m L shape )
Bedroom 1 14' 4" x 13' 6" 18'8 max into bay ( 4.37m x 4.11m 18'8 max into bay )
Bedroom 2 (suite) 13' 6" back wardrobes x 9' 9" ( 4.11m back wardrobes x 2.97m )
Sitting Room (bedroom 2) 13' max x 11' 6" ( 3.96m max x 3.51m )
Bedroom 3 (en-Suite) 15' 4" widest x 12' ( 4.67m widest x 3.66m )
Bedroom 4 (en-Suite) 12' max x 9' 4" plus recess ( 3.66m max x 2.84m plus recess )
Bedroom 5 (en-Suite) 14' 11" x 9' 7" ( 4.55m x 2.92m )
Bedroom 6 12' 7" x 9' 6" ( 3.84m x 2.90m )
Dressing Room Off Bedroom 6 11' 7" x 7' 8" to front wardrobes) ( 3.53m x 2.34m to front wardrobes) )
Callander is renowned for its lovely setting amidst the Trossachs, now part of the National Park, providing good local shopping and excellent schooling facilities as well as being on the doorstep of some glorious countryside, which provides all forms of amenities for outdoor enthusiasts. Callander is well located for access to Central Scotland, Stirling being 14 miles away and Glasgow about 37 miles. As a consequence Callander has become increasingly popular with commuters to the major towns and cities as well as being an important centre for tourism.
Schools - Callander Primary School and McLaren High School.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Disclaimer - Property reference STI105586. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Allen & Harris, Stirling. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.