Victoria Court at Headingley, Leeds Carefree retirement living on the edge of the city.
Victoria Court is being created by MHA, one of the UK’s leading not-for-profit providers of housing, care and support for older people. The aim of the development is to offer the best of both worlds in later life – independent living with total peace of mind.
If you are conscious of a growing need for personal care and assistance, you may believe that residential care is your only option. But what if you could actually rent your own brand new purpose-built apartment – or own it, partly or fully – with all the privacy and independence you like, along with the reassurance of daily care and support to care home levels, as and when you need it?
At Victoria Court, you have the privacy and dignity of your own apartment that is yours to decorate and furnish as you wish. In addition, you will be part of a friendly community where you and your neighbours have a choice of regular activities, to join in as you wish. Extensive care and support is available, including breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and a 24-hour on-site emergency call service.
Personalised care enables couples to stay together if their needs differ, or even if only one partner requires support. Victoria Court also offers a laundry and housekeeping service, taking a number of potentially difficult chores entirely out of residents’ lives. With a hair salon/therapy suite for pampering, café bistro and communal lounge for getting together, a superb atrium for some outdoor living that’s protected from the elements and a full activities programme, Victoria Court offers the opportunity to join a friendly community, with all the freedom and dignity of your own front door.
If you would like to make an appointment to view the Show apartment at Victoria Court, please contact us on 01332 296200 or ring our sales office direct on 07966 533698 direct. Our sales office is open Thursday to Saturday 9 am to 5 pm. We would be delighted to hear from you.
This entire development is wheelchair accessible and there is lift access to all levels. Car parking is available for residents who have a car and there is also a buggy with recharging facilities within the development.
The apartments are set in beautifully landscaped gardens and grounds and there’s a range of communal facilities for residents to enjoy. There’s a Residents’ Lounge and a Cafe Bistro where you can relax with friends and neighbours and enjoy a coffee or a bite to eat, and a Hair Salon / Therapy Suite where you can treat yourself to a spot of pampering. A Library and IT Area will provide computers and broadband internet access for those keen to surf the net or enjoy a good book if that’s what you prefer. There is also a superb atrium, with seated areas and a fabulous giant outdoor chess set and bowling green.
This is a place where you can live life to the full, enjoying company when you want it and privacy when you don’t. There’ll be a wide range of social events and activities on offer, so if you’re on your own you never need to feel bored or lonely and you know that if you need anything, there’ll be someone on hand to help, 24 hours a day.
• Residents’ Lounge
• Cafe Bistro
• Hair Salon / Therapy Suite
• Library and IT Area
• Buggy Storage and recharging facility
• Assisted Bathroom
• Landscaped gardens and outdoor seating areas
• Car Parking
• Lift access to all floors
• Superb atrium with sitting and activity areas.
• Purpose designed one and two bedroomed apartments in 14 different styles
• 24 hour emergency alarm system linked to our on-site team with pull-cords and pendant alarms
• High quality fitted kitchens, with integrated eyelevel oven, ceramic hob, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher and stainless steel chimney extractor
• Lever taps and accessible power points for ease of use
• Audio and video door entry system
• Facility for Satellite TV, with Sky Plus
• Telephone/Broadband access
• Double glazed and fully carpeted
• Specialist flooring to kitchens and bathrooms
• Balconies and patios to many properties
• Conveniently placed car parking
• Landscaped communal gardens offering all the pleasure with none of the maintenance
• Fire protection with state of the art sprinkler system and smoke detectors
• Level access showers
• Ensuite to most apartments
• Gas central heating with low surface temperature radiators
• Security optical door viewer
Famous for Headingley Stadium – home of the Yorkshire County Cricket Club and the Leeds Carnegie and Leeds Rhinos rugby teams – Headingley is a national sporting hub with plenty more to offer as well. Local residents are well served by a wide range of shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Two renowned fish and chip shops – Brett’s and Bryan’s - have been in business since the 1930s, and their food and atmosphere receive glowing praise regularly from patrons. Headingley boasts an illustrious cultural history, with J R R Tolkien and Alan Bennett among its former residents. The Headingley Development Trust keeps the local area humming with events such as a regular farmers’ market
and Café Scientique for inquiring minds.
An attractive suburb just two miles from the thriving city centre, Headingley is ideally located for whatever pace of life you choose.
- Spring Bank Primary School (0.4 miles)
- Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School (0.5 miles)
- Beecroft Primary School (0.5 miles)
Distances are straight line measurements
Our sales office is open Fridays only.
Tel: 07966 533698 Call rates may vary
MHA is a major provider of not-for-profit care homes, housing and support services for older people. We offer a range of services throughout the UK to meet the differing needs of individuals in later life.
Our services for older people are:
We have strong values based on our Christian heritage. Our strategy is to continue the provision of more quality services for older people, developing a range of care, housing and support into the future.