Founded in 1951 by Edward Maxwell Chamberlain (1919-1998) - fondly known as “Max” - the Chamberlain Group started life as a small joinery manufacturing firm, expanding gradually over the years into a general building and maintenance company.
In the early 1970’s the Group diversified into commercial letting, retaining an in-house small works division dedicated to the construction and conversion of new and refurbished commercial and industrial properties throughout Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
Today the Group is headed by John Chamberlain and its portfolio is comprised of more than 150 self-contained office suites, 140 self-contained industrial and warehousing units ranging from 500 sq.ft. to 100,000 sq.ft., plus a number of retail outlets.
The properties, all owned and managed by Chamberlain’s, include a selection of listed buildings, converted farm buildings and barns, along with sizeable land holdings.