Land and Property Auctions
Property Auctions offer a fast and effective way of buying or selling a property or piece of land without some of the drawbacks of private treaty sales or the tender process. There has been a noticeable increase in the number of normal, everyday house buyers and sellers who prefer the high degree of certainty, the reduced timescales of 4 weeks from start of marketing to exchange of contracts and the complete transparency that an auction brings with it.
Our typical clients are private individuals who have a property in need of modernisation or are dealing with an elderly relative or probate property, landlords who are selling their existing Buy To Let property with either the current tenants in place or when they have just moved out and anyone with a building plot, paddock, garage or disused building.
Strakers are one of the leading and most experienced regional auctioneers in the South West, specialising in the sale of residential property, commercial premises and land with auction venues in Swindon, Devizes and Bath covering Newbury to Cirencester, Cheltenham to Salisbury and everything in-between. We are holding 8 auctions across our three venues throughout 2015 and hope to improve on last year's figure of 88% of Lots sold equating to £21M worth of land and property.
· Timescales: typically 4 weeks from the start of marketing to exchange of contracts
· Certainty: contracts WILL exchange if your reserve price is achieved
· Control: YOU decide what the reserve price is and when the completion date will be
· Transparency: the property WILL sell to the highest bidder in the auction room
· Success Rate: our average of Lots Sold was 88% in 2014, well above the national average of 77%