David Meaden-Building Surveyor,PGDip
After leaving school in 1966 David joined a regional firm as trainee building surveyor. He became fully qualified and an associate of RICS in 1976 and moved to London where he worked for Strutt & Parker and a smaller architectural firm. Just under 10 years later David moved on and started his own Building Surveying business back in Hampshire.
Some 21 years ago he moved to Dorset when he joined Symonds & Sampson as the Head of the Building Survey department and has taken the department from strength to strength.
With many years of experience between them David and his team can provide advice and assistance on various property matters including:
• RICS Surveys - RICS Condition Report; RICS Homebuyer Report; RICS Building Survey
• Architectural design, alteration, extensions, conversions and refurbishments including adaptations for the disabled• Design of new buildings• Computer Aided Design drawing work
• Building conservation works including refurbishment of Listed Buildings
• Planning and Building Regulations advice and applications• Contract and project administration from inception to completion
• Schedules of condition and dilapidations• Building defect analysis, disputes and litigation advice
• Insurance valuations and claims
• Party wall negotiations under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996
David is always keen to learn, and undertook a part-time MSc in Building Conservation at Bournemouth University in his fifties.
His interest has always been in architecture and he has a real passion for older buildings. David's father was a surveyor and his grandfather and brother were architects so it seems there is something in the blood!