2 bedroom farm house for sale
Portugal - Beira Litoral, Espinhal
like this property?Call 0843 313 1829
- 5 minutes from the swimming pool
- Land / Garden
About The Property
Casa Carvalhal is a charming detached farmhouse located in a small village 3kms outside the town of Espinhal in the heart of Portugal. The property is located by the side of a quiet country lane that runs through the village which the house is named after. This property needs a partial renovation project to make the house habitable.
The swimming pools at the “Dams of Louçainha” are 5 minutes away .
Their freshness, the green hillside scenery, the serenity and peace of this place, make it one of the most attractive natural areas in the Municipality. Here, you will find natural pools, a picnic area and a panoramic restaurant.
The property comes with approx 150m2 of land/garden. More land is available to buy adjacent to the property
Details - Two bedrooms, lounge, dining room ,rustic kitchen ,bathroom with shower and a further 2 storage rooms to the ground floor.
Nearest Towns/cities - Coimbra 25km north, Penela5 kms west, Tomar40 kms south, Figueira Da Foz (coastal town) 40 kms west, Porto 160 kms north
Price 59,950 Euros
Life in Portugal
DOES THE PROSPECT of living in sunny Portugal appeal to you? Well, it should, as Portugal is truly magnificent. There are a few questions you might have though.
Is the Portuguese property purchasing process complicated?
Property purchases can be fairly straightforward and the process offers good protection for both buyer and seller. There are a few things to consider though. A home can have multiple owners, as is often the case when the house is inherited. If you buy through an agency, please make sure your broker represents ALL owners, and not just four out of five. Be aware too that the plot is ALWAYS sold separately. You could end up owning a piece of land but not the buildings on it, or vice versa.
I am a British citizen. Do I need authorisation to settle in Portugal?
As a European Union national, you may remain in Portugal, as a tourist, for a period not exceeding 180 days. If you intend to settle, you must apply for a residence permit from the nearest office of the Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras (Portuguese Immigration authority).
Do I need an identity card?
The Portuguese authorities no longer issue identity cards to EU nationals resident in Portugal. However, it is a legal requirement to carry some form of identification with you and your residence permit or passport is acceptable for this purpose.
What is the procedure if I wish to bring my car with me?
As a tourist, you may keep your vehicle in Portugal for a maximum of 180 days in any 12-month period provided it is for your own private use and you do not loan it to anyone else during that period. Do not depart leaving your vehicle unaccompanied. If you do, you may be subject to a fine. If your stay exceeds 180 days or you intend to take-up residence in Portugal, you must apply for the permanent importation of your vehicle to the nearest office of the Direcção-Geral das Alfândegas (Customs authority) as soon as possible after your arrival.
May I continue to drive on my British driver's licence once I am resident in Portugal?
A national driver's licence (old-style green model) has to be exchanged for a Portuguese-issued licence within 12 months of taking-up residence in this country. A community model driver's licence is valid until it expires. However, it is advisable to exchange even this licence for one issued by the Portuguese authority (Direcção-Geral de Viação) for the following reasons:
• It is a legal requirement in Portugal, as it is in the UK, for the address on the licence to reflect the address of its holder.
• The licence can only be renewed or replaced by the original issuing authority, but the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency will not renew or replace a UK-issued licence to an overseas address.
• When the licence eventually expires, the Portuguese authority will not renew it unless the holder takes (and passes) a new driving test.
Will I be entitled to use the Portuguese national health service?
• Residents: On production of your UK passport and residence permit, you will be entitled to apply for a Portuguese national insurance identity card from your local health centre (Centro da Saúde) and enrol with one of their GPs. Once you have evidence that you have applied for the issue of a national health card, you will become eligible to use the national health service under the same conditions as any Portuguese national.
• Visitors: On production of a UK passport you will be entitled to receive emergency state treatment.
• Pensioners: If you receive a UK state retirement pension, you may apply (with your passport and pension receipts) for a national health identity card and enrol with a state GP.
Can I bring my pet with me to Portugal?
Yes. If the animal is arriving from an EU country, it must be accompanied by a health certificate (Atestado Sanitário) issued by the competent authority in the animal's country of origin. In Britain this is the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), 1A Page Street, London.