This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
7 bedroom semi-detached house for sale
Woodmarket, Lutterworth, Leicestershire
- Grade I I Listed
- Two Reception Rooms
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room
- Seven Bedrooms
- Two En-suites
- First Floor Bathroom
- First Floor Cloakroom
An attractive period Grade II listed town house with a wealth of character features offering versatile accommodation over three floors and good sized family gardens. Potential building plot/development opportunity within the gardens subject to the necessary consent.
Reception hall, drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, cellar, seven bedrooms, two en-suites, first floor cloakroom, first floor bathroom, off road parking, garage, loose boxes and well tended and established gardens.
The historic market town of Lutterworth is located at the southern most tip of Leicestershire with close links to the M1, M6, A14 and the A5. The nearby town of Rugby is on a main train line to London Euston taking approximately 45 minutes. There is a comprehensive range of amenities in the town including schooling for all age groups, various shops, public houses/restaurants, supermarkets to include Morrison's and Waitrose, a church, town hall, recreation ground, country park and museum. Sporting facilities include the historic Lutterworth cricket club, rugby and football clubs as well as the leisure centre located off the Coventry Road.
A most attractive Grade II listed town house located in the heart of Lutterworth, Hythe House offers a flexible accommodation laid out over three floors. It is described by Pevsner as a disproportionatly tall house stuccoed with giant end pilasters. The property has many original and interesting features to include period fireplaces and doors, sash windows with working shutters, an inglenook fireplace and its original meat hooks on the ceiling and a fine staircase rising to the top floor. Outside there are attractive and established gardens mainly to the side of the property where formerly a grass tennis court used to be. To the rear of the property is an enclosed cottage garden, ideal for barbecues etc. Attached to the garage are two loose boxes, which are currently used as garden storage, but could easily be converted to a studio subject to planning regulations.
4.67m(15'4'') x 4.57m(15'0'')
A feature of this room is the cast iron wood burner with its marble mantle surround. Two radiators. Corniced ceiling. Sash windows to front and side aspects with working window shutters to front. A fine staircase rises to first floor accommodation. Door to a cloaks area with flagstone floor. Deep double built-in cloaks cupboard and door down to a two compartment barrelled ceiling basement.
4.65m(15'3'') x 4.60m(15'1'')
Two radiators. Corniced ceiling. Two sash windows, both with working window shutters to front aspect. Original cupboards and book shelving to one side of chimney breast.
5.03m(16'6'') x 4.72m(15'6'')
A feature of this room is the inglenook fireplace with a brick built chimney breast, cast iron dog grate and original meat hooks to ceiling. Solid oak beams over fireplace and to ceiling. Two radiators. Sash windows to side aspects.
4.85m(15'11'') x 4.75m(15'7'')
Refitted with a range of maple facing shaker style cabinets with long chrome bar handles. Worktops incorporating a sink with a brushed steel swan necked mixer tap. Built in stainless steel 'Neff' oven. A two-ovened Aga. Ceramic tiled floor. Radiator. Windows to side aspects. Walk-in pantry cupboard with wall mounted cupboards. Plumbing and space for automatic washing machine. Space for fridge. Staircase rising to first floor. Door to an enclosed rear porch/store area, which in turn leads to:
Garden Room Area
Butler sink. Quarry tiled floor. Access to the cottage rear garden, separate W.C. and garage.
First Floor Landing
W.C. Wash basin. Radiator. Window to rear aspect.
4.78m(15'8'') x 4.50m(14'9'')
Oak flooring. Built-in cupboard. Radiator. Sash window to side aspect overlooking the garden. Stairs rising to second floor accommodation.
En-Suite Shower Room
Shower cubicle. Wash hand basin with cupboards beneath. Window to side aspect.
Cast iron roll top bath. W.C. Wash basin. Airing cupboard. Lagged hot water cylinder and shelving. Cast iron fireplace. Radiator. Windows to rear and side aspects.
4.70m(15'5'') x 4.57m(15'0'')
Currently being utilised as a sitting room and has a fireplace with marble mantle surround. Two radiators. Corniced ceiling. Two windows to front aspect with working window shutters.
4.57m(15'0'') x 3.33m(10'11'')
Currently being utilised as an office. Cast iron fireplace with original cupboard and book shelving either side of the chimney breast. Two sash windows to front aspect with working window shutters. Radiator.
Second Floor Landing
Guest Bedroom/Bedroom Four
5.16m(16'11'') x 4.47m(14'8'')
Radiator, store cupboard, window to side aspect, access to the rear staircase down to the kitchen.
En-Suite Shower Room
Shower cubicle. Wash hand basin. W.C. Radiator. Window to side aspect.
4.90m(16'1'') x 3.30m(10'10'')
Cast iron fireplace. Cupboard to one side of chimney breast. Radiator. Access to loft space. Window to rear aspect.
4.70m(15'5'') x 4.65m(15'3'')
Cast iron fireplace. Radiator. Windows to front aspect.
4.29m(14'1'') x 3.45m(11'4'')
Cast iron fireplace with cupboards either side of chimney breast. Radiator. Windows to front aspect.
A cobbled courtyard area provides off road parking, which in turn leads to a garage. Adjoining and to the rear of the garage are two loose boxes, which are currently being used as garden storage, but could be converted to studio etc. subject to the usual consents.
The main garden is to the east of the house and is slightly raised. Formerly a grass tennis court the lawn is surrounded by stocked and mature borders with a more formal area of box hedges close to the outbuildings and to the rear of the property is an enclosed cottage garden, ideal for barbecues and peace and quiet.
8.61m(28'3'') x 3.38m(11'1'')
6.88m(22'7'') x 3.45m(11'4'')
Howkins and Harrison prepare these plans for reference only. They are not to scale.
All mains services are connected. Central heating and hot water is provided via the gas fired boiler in the garage.
None of the services have been tested and purchasers should note that it is their specific responsibility to make their own enquiries of the appropriate authorities as to the location, adequacy and availability of mains, water, electricity, gas and drainage services.
Harborough District Council 01858 828282
The property is freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
Fixtures And Fittings
Only those items in the nature of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Other items are specifically excluded. None of the appliances have been tested by the agents and they are not certified or warranted in any way.
Strictly by prior appointment via the selling agents. Contact 01455 559203
1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the property. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest in the property please ask for further information.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to purchase.
3. The photograph/s depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any contents, furnishings/furniture etc. photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph/s. No assumptions should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
5. Where reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should however make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the property.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Sole Agents or their Clients. The particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract and neither the Sole Agents not their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
Your home is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on a mortgage or other loan secured on it