5 bedroom apartment for saleSalcombe Town
Offers in Region of
- Spacious penthouse apartment.
- Sensational estuary views.
- Three balconies.
- Short walk to town centre.
- Recently refurbished to a very high standard.
A really spacious and luxurious penthouse apartment with possibly the most sensational views of the Salcombe Estuary
Kingsbridge 6 miles, A38 Devon Expressway 15 miles, Totnes 18 miles (Paddington about 3 hours)
SITUATION AND DESCRIPTION
Salcombe is renowned as a sailing and boating centre, located beside one of the loveliest estuaries in the South West with miles of sheltered water and fine sandy beaches on either side towards its mouth. The popular town has an excellent range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Stonehanger Court is a substantial property converted some years ago into apartments and located in a highly sought after position about ten minutes walk from the town centre. This superb penthouse apartment with accommodation on two floors commands dramatically beautiful 180º views from Bolt Head to South Pool Creek. The rooms are light and airy with large windows making the views even more spellbinding, and some rooms open onto the three balconies, all of which look out over the estuary and beaches.
The interior has been comprehensively refurbished in recent years and the fittings and finishes are of exceptional quality.
Front door to:-
Bright and open to the rooftop with attractive oak and glass staircase rising to first floor. Travertine tiled floor. Glazed double doors to:-
A superb and spacious room with sitting, dining and kitchen areas and well lit by extensive windows on the south and east sides including sliding windows opening onto balcony. Amazing views of the estuary from the entrance to the Bag and South Pool Creek to the east all the way to the entrance to the harbour and the open sea beyond Bolt Head to the west. Modern limestone fireplace with gas fire.
Beautifully fitted with hardwood base and wall cupboards and black granite work surfaces and upstands. Inset stainless steel sink. Electric oven. Four ring gas hob and extractor hood. Integrated fridge/freezer and additional integrated fridge. Integrated dishwasher. Integrated combi gas boiler for lower floor central heating and hot water.
Extending the full width of the apartment providing plenty of outside space. Decked and with glazed screen and metal handrail. From the balcony the full extent of the beautiful sea, estuary and beach views can be enjoyed.
Sliding windows opening onto balcony and giving lovely estuary and beach views. Walk-in wardrobe cupboard. Walk-in shelved cupboard.
Sliding windows opening onto balcony and with superb views. Door to:-
EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM
Double shower cubicle. Vanity basin with cupboard beneath. WC. Tiled walls. Electrically heated towel rail.
View to the rear.
FAMILY SHOWER ROOM
Large shaped shower cubicle. Marble wash hand basin set on granite work surface with range of cupboards beneath. Shelved linen cupboard. Ceramic tiled floor and walls. Two electrically heated towel rails. Integrated washing machine and tumble dryer.
Well lit by roof light and south west facing window with attractive views to Sunny Cove and the open sea.
With access to roof space. Built-in storage cupboard housing wall mounted gas-fired boiler supplying central heating and domestic hot water.
Built-in wardrobe cupboards. Sliding windows opening onto balcony (2). Door to:-
Bath with mixer hand shower fitting. Large shower cubicle. Pedestal wash basin. WC. Tiled walls. Electric shaver socket.
French door opening onto upper balcony (3). Large picture window overlooking estuary entrance.
French door opening onto upper balcony (2) with wonderful views.
Double shower cubicle. Pedestal wash basin. WC. Tiled walls. Electric shaver socket.
Large picture window facing east and having fabulous estuary and beach views. South west facing wall has full height sliding windows opening onto balcony (3) and with views of the entrance to the harbour. Corner shelving. Arched corner display shelving on either side of one window. Glazed French door opening onto balcony (2).
UPPER BALCONIES 2 AND 3
One facing south and one facing east, both with glorious views.
Tarmac driveway leads down to the garage block and parking area. 2 GARAGES, with 1 PARKING SPACE in front. Additional designated parking area at bottom of drive.
There is a secluded area of shared garden across the driveway from the building. A short flight of steps and a path lead up to a good sized level lawn enclosed by a beech hedge and natural stone walls giving complete seclusion. From the garden there are views to the estuary. There is a gate in one corner of the garden giving access to Devon Road.
Mains water, drainage, gas and electricity. Gas-fired central heating.
The property is in Council Tax Band G.
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Share of freehold.
Strictly by appointment with the agents, Marchand Petit. Telephone 01548 844473.
On entering Salcombe via the A381 from Kingsbridge continue past the first crossroads along Main road and follow this road around the side of the hill. At the next junction fork left into Devon Road and follow this road for about 400 yards. Just before the junction with Herbert Road the entrance to Stonehanger Court will be found on the right hand side.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19764321.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 58644. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Salcombe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.