This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
Water House, Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Drawing room,dining room
- Study/sitting room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- 5 bedrooms, 2 en suites
- Views across open countryside
Water House is ideally located on the edge of the attractive market town of Wilton. Wilton boasts a strong community with a weekly market and primary school along with a wide range of shops which cater for most day to day needs. The enchanting Cathedral City of Salisbury is nearby and offers a
more extensive range of both shopping and entertainment facilities. Wilton lies at the confluence of the Nadder and Wylye valleys and is perfectly placed for walks through attractive countryside. Grovely Wood is particularly close and offers a range of footpaths and bridleways leading in all directions with glorious views across the neighbouring valleys. Salisbury and its surrounding area boasts numerous excellent prep schools which include Salisbury Cathedral School, Chafyn Grove and Leaden Hall, as well as Bishop Wordsworth's and South Wilts Grammar Schools and Godolphin Girls School. Salisbury also has golf and race courses and both are extremely accessible to Wilton.
Salisbury Station offers a direct train service to London Waterloo and the A303 provides access to the south west and to London via the M3.
- Constructed of brick under a slate roof, Water House dates from 1903 when it was built for the water board.
- Well equipped kitchen/breakfast room with fitted units, gas hob and electric oven. Breakfast area with door to terrace.
- Triple aspect drawing room with views over the neighbouring fields and double doors leading through to the formal dining room.
- Well proportioned south facing study/sitting room.
- Light and airy master bedroom with vaulted ceiling, walk in wardrobe and en suite shower room.
- Guest bedroom with en suite shower room. Three further bedrooms, all with built in wardrobes, and a family bathroom.
- The terrace enjoys views over the gardens which are mainly laid to lawn interspersed with mature trees that include maple, silver birch, cherry and apple.
- Water House is approached over a gravel drive which leads up to the front of the house and parking area.
Please see floor plan for dimensions and layout.
From Salisbury head to Wilton, passing Wilton House on your left hand side. Continue straight on at the traffic lights, taking the right hand turn to Great Wishford just before The Bell Inn. Proceed under the bridge and the entrance to Water House can be found on your left opposite Grovely Riding School up a gravel track.