Land for sale
Huntingdon Road, Chatteris
like this property?Call 01354 386012
- Development site
- Town centre location
- Planning Permission
- Close to all amenities
- Good links to roadway network
- Vacant possesion upon completion
The land is broadly rectangular in shape. The existing buildings on the site and the concrete hardstanding areas will need to be removed to make way for development. Access to the site is to be from Huntingdon Road, but the site also has the benefit of a pedestrian and vehicular access from the rear section of the site through to West Park Street, which may or may not be of benefit to any developers as part of the development scheme.
THE PLANNING SITUATION The planning was first approved on Appeal under reference APP/D0515/A/06/2029753 dated 9th May, 2007. A subsequent planning application was lodged under the Extension of Time system under reference F/YR10/0339/EXTIME which was granted by the Fenland District Council on 25th June, 2010. Detailed consent has been given for the erection of six houses on the site, comprising 3 x 4 bedroomed terraced houses, 2 x 4 bedroomed semi detached houses and 1 x 4 bedroomed detached house with two sets of triple garage blocks. The normal conditions apply to the planning permission, but in particular we would mention:
(7) No development shall take place until the applicant has secured the implementation of a programme of archaeological work in accordance with a written scheme of investigation, which has been submitted by the applicant and approved by the Local Planning Authority. The Vendors' Agents have applied for a Brief for the Archaeological Works required and this will be provided to interested parties
(8) Development shall not be begun until a scheme to deal with any contamination of the land and/or ground water has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The above scheme shall include an investigation and assessment to identify the extent of contamination and the measures to be taken to avoid risk to the public and to the environment when the site is developed. Development shall not begin until the measures in the approved scheme have been implemented.
(9) Before any development commences details of foul and surface water drainage for the site should be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and the agreed scheme shall be implemented before any dwelling is occupied.
(10) The existing access to the site onto Huntingdon Road shall be permanently and effectively closed within 28 days of the bringing into use of the new access in accordance with a detailed scheme to be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and such a scheme shall include the removal of the existing cross over and reinstatement of the footway.
(11) If gates are to be provided to the vehicular access they shall be set back a minimum of 5m from the back edge of the footway.
(12) Before any development commences details of both existing ground levels and proposed finished floor levels shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Development shall be carried out in accordance with the agreed details.
THE PLANS The approved plans for the development were prepared by Peter Humphrey Associates and the Vendors will pass on copyright to those plans to the successful purchasers.
The plans are available at the Chatteris office of Grounds & Co. for inspection at any time during normal business hours.
SERVICES No specific enquiries have been made of the service providers, but it is understood that connections for mains water, electricity, gas and drainage are available in the immediate vicinity of the plot of land. Interested parties should, however, make their own enquiries of the supply companies concerned.