6 bedroom house for sale
Hadlow, Tonbridge, Kent
like this property?Call 01732 383037
- 4 Reception Rooms
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Substantial, semi-rural, countryside views
Entrance Hall, 4 Reception Rooms, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility Room, Master suite, 2 further Bedroom suites, 3 further Bedrooms, Bathroom. Detached Double Garage, Garden. 1/4 share of a lake. In all approximately 0.5 of an acre.
Waters Edge, built in 1994 by Millwood Homes Ltd, is built of red brick lower and colour washed upper elevations with open studwork together with double glazed lead light hard wood windows all under a tiled roof. Internally the accommodation is arranged over 3 floors benefitting from ceiling cornicing, some deep bay windows with hard wood sills and panelled doors with architrave, including glazed double doors between the principal reception rooms giving a spacious, light and airy entertaining area. Waters Edge had planning permission for a substantial extension Ref. No. TM/04/04197.FL, now lapsed. It may be possible for this to be re-instated subject to the necessary planning consents.
- Double Oak doors to Entrance Hall
- Entrance Hall with under stairs cupboard
- Triple aspect Drawing Room, brick fireplace with Oak bressumer over, cast iron coal effect gas stove with wrought iron canopy over
- Dining Room with French doors to rear terrace
- Double aspect Sitting Room, bespoke stone fireplace with cast iron coal effect gas stove, French doors to rear terrace
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room with comprehensive range of wall and base units, integral Neff double oven, dishwasher and gas hob, Zanussi fridge/freezer, tiled floor, door to garden
- Utility Room, base units with inset stainless steel sink, space for washing machine and tumble dryer, wall mounted Baxi gas boiler, water softener
- Master Bedroom, en suite Bathroom with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin, bidet and WC, Amtico floor
- Bedroom 2 with range of fitted wardrobes and chest of drawers, en suite Shower Room
- 3 further first floor Bedrooms, 1 with fitted wardrobe
- Family Bathroom
- Second floor Bedroom with fitted wardrobes, ensuite Shower Room, access to eaves storage
- Store Room with light, access to a further area of eaves storage
- Double Garage with power and light
In all approximately 0.5 of an acre.
Waters Edge is approached via a 5 bar gate over a gravelled driveway to turning and parking to the front of the house and garage, a stone paved pathway leads to the front door. The front garden is mainly laid to lawn edged in shrub borders. A picket gate in a post and rail fence gives access to a timber staging and the lake.
To the rear of the property is a stone paved terrace. Brick pathways cross the south facing lawn with central square border and lead to a timber pergola and seating area. A gravelled pathway with timber pergolas enhanced with young climbing plants leads around a further area of less formal lawn.
1. The initial part of the driveway is shared with the neighbouring property.
2. Waters Edge has a 1/4 share of the lake which is owned by a management company.
Waters Edge is situated on the edge of the thriving village of Hadlow overlooking farmland. Hadlow benefits from local shops, library, health facilities, churches and the renowned Hadlow College
Services: All main services. Alarm
Local Authority: Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council, 01732 844522
Tax Band: H
Viewing: Strictly through Jackson-Stops & Staff. Tel: 01732 740600
Directions (Postcode: TN11 0HA)
From Tonbridge take the A26 Hadlow Road to Hadlow. In the centre of the village turn left into Carpenters Lane. Follow the road for approximately 3/4 of a mile bearing right into Steers Place at the green triangle with sign post. The driveway to Waters Edge is the first on the left and Waters Edge is the house on the left.