This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
Park Avenue, Farnborough Park, Kent
- Art Deco style
- Potential to develop SPP
- About 0.7 of an acre
- Private park location
- 5 bedrooms
High Willows is located in the prestigious and gated Farnborough Park. Within close proximity of Locksbottom village, providing local shopping facilities including a Sainsbury's superstore, public houses and restaurants including the popular Michelin rated Chapter One restaurant.
- Comprehensive Shopping: The Glades in Bromley and Bluewater Shopping Centre.
- Mainline Rail Services: Orpington (1.9 miles) to London Bridge (15 minutes), Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Victoria, Blackfriars and Ashford International. Bromley South (3.4 miles) to London Victoria (16 minutes), Blackfriars, City Thameslink and Ashford International.
- Primary Schools: Crofton, Darrick Wood and Keston.
- Secondary Schools: St Olaves, Newstead Wood for Girls, Darrick Wood, Ravenswood.
- Private Schools: Bromley High School, Bickley Park, Eltham College for Boys in Mottingham, Farringtons and Babington House.
Accessible road and rail links to Sevenoaks, James Allen's Girl's School (JAGS), and Dulwich College.
- Motorway Links: The A21 Hastings Road leads to Junction 4 of the M25 giving access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, Channel Tunnel Terminus, Ebbsfleet International, the South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre.
High Willows, is a striking Art Deco locally listed property that was originally built in the 1930s with latter additions. The house is un-modernised allowing the purchaser the freedom and opportunity to restore and potentially develop (subject to planning permission) to create a beautiful family home suited to the purchasers own design and specification. Set on a fantastic plot within one of the boroughs most exclusive addresses, High Willows undoubtedly emits a wealth of opportunities.
Points of note include:
- On entering High Willows, the entrance hall provides a well appointed cloaks cupboard and downstairs cloakroom. The centerpiece of the reception hall is the staircase featuring galleried landing.
- Double French doors open onto the well proportioned and open plan study and drawing room. Both of which absorb an abundance of natural light that 'brings the garden in' by the inclusion of floor to ceiling glass panels in the study and glass sliding doors in the drawing room. In addition the drawing room features an open fireplace and is well positioned for entertaining with French doors leading into the dining room.
- The family room is well proportioned to provide a relaxed and cozy environment and also provides fitted furniture.
- The kitchen/breakfast room comprises a range of fitted wall and base units with work surface and fitted double sink. Integral appliances include fridge, freezer, De Dietrich oven and hob (with extractor over). Space for washing machine and dishwasher.
- The adjoining rear hallway provides access to the games room, integral garage, rear garden patio and side of the property.
- The versatile games room sets an appealing environment for entertaining with its excellent size and row of sliding doors admitting an abundance of natural light as well as giving direct access to the rear garden patio. It features a high ceiling and includes built in storage cupboards.
- To the first floor the master bedroom suite comprises a versatile reception room with built in sliding wardrobes. The double aspect bedroom includes fitted wardrobes, feature terrace and en suite providing both a fitted bath and shower.
- There are two further bedrooms and a family bathroom to the first floor. One bedroom features a balcony and the other includes a vanity unit inset with wash basin.
- The second floor comprises two additional bedrooms and a bathroom, perfect for the use of teenagers or guests. One of the bedrooms features a walk-in-wardrobe and is currently being utilised as a study, including fitted office furniture.
- High Willows is approached via a carriage shingle driveway providing parking for a number of cars, with additional parking available in the integral garage. There is a substantial front lawn, which is well groomed with central planted beds. Mature trees and herbaceous beds run to the perimeter of the front.
- Pedestrian access to the rear garden.
- A most memorable aspect of the property is the beautifully manicured rear garden. It comprises a patio ideal for alfresco entertaining and an adjoining lawn featuring a pond. The rear garden is well stocked and interspersed with a range of herbaceous beds, mature trees and evergreen bushes providing privacy and security.
From our offices in Locksbottom, turn right into Crofton Road and then left after the Black Horse Public House into Park Avenue (restricted access). High Willows can be found on the left hand side after the road turns to the left.