This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
Freshfield Lane, Danehill, East Sussex RH17 7HG
- 3 reception rooms
- Kitchen & dining room
- 5 bedrooms (1 en suite)
- About 1.9 acres
- About 1 mile Cumnor House
Latchetts is situated in a rural location on the southern outskirts of the East Sussex village of Danehill, close to the Ashdown Forest.
Local facilities: Danehill has a church, primary school and public house. The neighbouring village of Horsted Keynes provides a local shop and post office, village church, two public houses and primary school.
Comprehensive shopping: Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Lewes, Tunbridge Wells & Brighton.
Mainline Railway Station: Haywards Heath www.southernrailway.com
Schools: There are many highly regarded schools in the area, both state and private, including Cumnor House, Great Walstead, Ashdown House and Brambletye prep schools and Ardingly College.
Communications: The M25 orbital motorway can be accessed via both the A23 and A22; in turn linking to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the coast.
Latchetts Farmhouse is a beautifully presented former farmhouse, recently the subject of complete renovation and the addition of a two-storey extension, creating a wonderful, open plan kitchen and dining room with bi-fold doors opening to the terrace and vaulted master bedroom suite above. Characterised by rendered brick, half weather-boarded elevations, the property is situated in an elevated position in a rural location on the southern edge of Danehill village and benefits from superb panoramic views to the South Downs and to Horsted Keynes.
Internally, the accommodation is light and bright, decorated in Farrow & Ball colours throughout. Points of note include a number of double aspect rooms, stripped pine flooring, oak beams and double glazing.
- To the front of the house is an oak framed porch laid with reclaimed antique tiles and a solid oak front door opening to the entrance hall. The hall is a spacious room with feature fireplace, storage cupboard and cloakroom with WC.
- Double aspect drawing room, featuring a fireplace with French 18th Century grey marble surround and connection for an electric fire.
- Also lying off the hall are two further double aspect rooms; a family room with wood burner and oak bressumer over, and a study with French doors opening to the terrace.
- The kitchen is fitted with a range of handmade tulipwood Victorian units and central island by Yew Tree Designs, complemented by solid wood worktops, an inset double butler sink and natural sandstone flooring with under floor heating. Appliances include an electric Rangemaster oven with extractor over and an integrated Beko dishwasher. The kitchen is open to the dining area, which features a number of handsome oak timbers and has bi-fold doors opening to the terrace.
- Good sized utility room, also with fitted units, an inset sink and drainer, spaces for further appliances and access to a deep under stair storage cupboard.
- Stairs rise to the first floor landing, with airing cupboard housing a MegaFlo hot water tank and French doors opening to a roof terrace, from which the superb views can be enjoyed.
- Vaulted master bedroom with French doors opening to the roof terrace and an en suite shower room, tiled in natural limestone and with a suite including a double shower cubicle with drencher head.
- There are four further bedrooms and two further bathrooms, both with newly fitted, white suites.
Latchetts Farmhouse is approached from the lane via electrically operated, double five bar gates, which open to a gravelled driveway. The driveway leads to the front of the house, to a parking area and to the heritage-style triple bay garage. An Indian sandstone pathway leads around both sides of the house to a terrace adjoining the rear of the house, part covered by a timber pergola and offering an attractive outdoor entertaining area. The remainder of the garden is laid to lawn, fully enclosed by post and wire fencing. The paddock, which extends to about 1.2 acres, lies to the north west of the property and is also fully fenced, accessed by a gate opening from the driveway.
In all, about 1.9 acres.
Proceed north from Haywards Heath on the B2028, through the village of Lindfield. Having left the village, take the second turning on the right (Stonecross Lane) and then turn left at the t-junction. Proceed along this lane towards the centre of Horsted Keynes. Continue through the village and turn right onto Danehill Lane signposted to Danehill, continue onto Horsted Lane. Once in the village, turn right onto the A275, turn right immediately before the church into Freshfield Lane. Latchetts Farmhouse can be found on the right hand side after about half a mile.