This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
32 West Drive, Sonning, Berkshire, RG4 6GD
- 5 bedrooms, 3 en suite
- Sitting room, dining room
- Kitchen/family room
- Conservatory/breakfast room
- Entertainment/cinema room
32 West Drive is well situated on a popular private road within the sought after Village of Sunning which has a well regarded public house, a riverside hotel, a restaurant and a dinner theatre. More comprehensive facilities can be found in nearby Reading and Henley. There are mainline railway stations in Reading and Twyford with a fast service to London, Paddington (from 25 mins). The M4 (j10), is approximately 6 miles distant via the A329M providing access to Heathrow and the motorway network. The Thames Valley Business Park is just 3 miles distant. There are a number of excellent schools in the area, including the well-known Reading Blue Coat boys' school, Shiplake College, Queen Anne's, Caversham, The Abbey School and The Oratory. Sporting facilities include golf at a number of local courses and boating on the Thames.
32 West Drive is an impressive family home built by the current owners in 2007. The house offers a wealth of features including a stunning vaulted reception hall, under floor heating throughout, Lutron lighting, hi quality bathroom and shower room fittings, solid oak doors, central hoover system and wiring for hi-fi and data. The house has excellent proportions and offers light and flexible accommodation on all levels. Main features include:
- Sitting room with open fire place and sandstone mantle and French doors to the garden
- Kitchen/family room with a range of floor and wall mounted maple units with birds eye inlay, granite work surfaces, large centre island/breakfast bar, Belling range cooker with 6 ring hob, Neff dishwasher, Miele microwave, larder and space for a large fridge freezer. The kitchen opens to a large conservatory/breakfast room with double doors opening to the rear terrace. There is a large utility room with space for a washing machine and dryer and offering extensive additional storage.
- Dining room with built in china cupboard and door opening to the kitchen
- Study with half panelled walls and built in Oak cupboards and shelves
- Entertainment/cinema room: A stunning space set on the lower ground floor and offering a fantastic games room. There is also an integrated home cinema and sound system. A glass wall separates the games room from a fantastic home gym with shower room, sauna and mirrored wall at one end.
- Master bedroom with full en suite bathroom, dressing room and double doors opening to a Juliette balcony
- 4 further double bedrooms (2 en suite), all with built in wardrobes
- Large family bathroom with separate shower.
The house is approached via a carriage driveway which is block paved and leads to the integral double garage. To the rear of the house a stone terrace leads from the conservatory and sitting room and offers an ideal space for outside entertaining. The attractive rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a variety of mature shrubs and plants. There are mature hedges to the side and rear offering an attractive backdrop as well as a high degree of privacy. Steps lead down from the terrace to a door to the games room. There is an external lobby here with extensive additional storage.
From Henley, crossing the bridge, turn right on the A321 towards Wargrave. Pass through the village of Wargrave and at the junction with the A4 turn right, west to Reading. Continue over the first roundabout and at the 2nd roundabout, turn left into Pound Lane. Take the first turn on the right into West Drive and follow the road. As it bends to the right, 32 can be found on the right. Post Code: RG4 6GD.