This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom semi-detached house for sale
Stamford Brook Road, Stamford Brook, London W6 0XH
- Open plan entertaining space
- 5 bedrooms
- 495 sq m (5,342 sq ft)
- Urban lifestyle living
- Garages and parking
Chiswick, Hammersmith and Stamford Brook, are unique suburbs located in West London, is the perfect place to make your home. Once a small fishing village, Chiswick is now a vibrant area brimming with the activity and opportunity typical of London, yet retaining a certain village charm. Timelessly elegant Georgian architecture complements Chiswick's beautiful stretch of Thames riverbank. Bars, restaurants and pavement cafes have sprung up all along Chiswick High Road. Several supermarkets and an ever-expanding range of delis, boutiques and niche suppliers mean that Chiswick residents rarely need to go elsewhere. Stamford Brook is close to the open spaces at Ravenscourt Park and fantastic local schools.
A bold and exciting architect designed new build property, voted the Best Contemporary House by The Daily Telegraph Homebuilding and Renovating Awards in 2003. The property is one of two low built private residences within a secure gated plot having off street parking and garaging. The scheme, designed and built by Powell Tuck Associates, W6, centres around a beautiful landscaped courtyard providing a serene and calm ambience, cut off from the outside world. Unit 1 is a two storey building stretching 23 metre along the front faĆ§ade and measuring 5300 square feet internally. Uniquely, part of this space is designated for business usage and is currently in use as an architectural studio. The largest part of the property is a fabulous residential dwelling suitable for a modern minded family seeking lateral living, seclusion and something a bit out of the norm. The style is an uncomplicated, honest and modern industrial look, combining volume, light and comfort. This exemplary home successfully balances the practicalities of working life and urban living.
The buildings' form, colours and textures, in conjunction with its private courtyards, are aesthetically very well balanced. The relationship between the live and work aspects is both efficient and unobtrusive to either function. The orientation and format of the living space makes optimum use of the urban backland site. The interiors - particularly light-filled first floor living spaces - are at once dramatic and elegant. The pragmatic use of honest, rough, practical finishes in the interior creates a utilitarian aesthetic that perfectly suits the buildings' crisp linear architecture.
Most importantly, however, the building clearly functions very successfully for its current owners and their children; an exemplary new urban home balancing the practicalities of working life.
5 bedrooms, open plan kitchen/dining room & reception room, bathroom, en suite shower room, library, utility room, 2 cloakrooms, studio, games room/garage, 2 courtyards, garage, 4,352 sq ft (495 sq m)
Not more than 67% of the property is to be used as residential use and the remaining 33% has B1 Commercial usage
Stamford Brook is situated between Chiswick and Hammersmith, close to Ravenscourt Park.