4 bedroom barn conversion for sale
like this property?Call 01789 293000
- Reception/Dining Hall
- Sitting Room
- Kitchen/Dining Area
- Utility area
- Garden Room
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
- 3 further Double Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- Spacious gardens of around 0.25 acre
- Also 2.5 acre paddock also available if required
The Granary is one of a collection of barns in the grounds of Stamford Hall Farm. The barn was converted in the mid 1990’s and is situated within a very large courtyard with similar properties.
In more detail the house includes:
• Welcoming porch opens into a reception hall with polished flagstone floor and large picture window with views over the spacious garden and countryside beyond. A vaulted ceiling and a wealth of exposed beams create the perfect spot for dinner parties as the space could easily accommodate a sizeable dining table and chairs.
• The sitting room has a wood floor and large inglenook fireplace with a real fire and large stone mantel. East and west exposure gives plenty of light and access through glazed doors to the rear patio gives evening outdoor dining options while watching the sunset.
• The kitchen is at the heart of this home where you will find a wealth of oak fronted cabinets, granite worktops and a large integral fridge and separate freezer. In addition there is an integral dishwasher plus an integral washing machine in the utility area. The limestone floor flows through double doors into an adjacent garden room, a perfect spot for reading or just enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun.
• The master bedroom has a high vaulted ceiling with a wealth of exposed beams and a stunning low level brick arched window gives spectacular views over the garden and across to surrounding countryside. Built in wardrobes and an en-suite shower room complete this wonderful space.
• Across the galleried landing, if you can tear yourself away from gazing out of the ceiling height picture window, you will find 3 further double bedrooms, all with exposed beams and two with en-suite facilities.
• The garden benefits from post and rail fencing plus hedges. A range of fruit trees and a mature oak tree add interest to this large garden of about 0.25 acre. To compliment this lovely garden there is planning permission available for a single storey wooden summerhouse to be built on the right hand side of the garden. To the front of the property there is ample parking and a double garage can be accessed at the top of the drive.
• Through a gate, beyond the garden there is a 2.5 acre paddock that can be available if required. Ideal for horses or other livestock, or simply for giving children a wonderful opportunity to have space to run and play!
Ettington is a thriving village with a wide range of facilities including a post office and general stores, two public houses, a church and a primary school with pre-school attached. Recreational facilities include a large modern community centre, a well equipped children’s play area, a floodlit tennis court and football field – home to the village club.
Ettington lies about 6 miles south east of Stratford-upon-Avon, a lively market town offering a wealth of leisure facilities including the internationally renowned theatres as well as extensive sports and shopping amenities. Just nine miles from the M40 and close to the Fosseway, Ettington is also within easy commuting reach of Banbury, Warwick and Leamington Spa. Stratford railway station provides good links to Birmingham while the wider rail network can be accessed from Warwick Parkway or Banbury for travel to London or the north.
From Stratford-upon-Avon town centre proceed south on the A422 Banbury Road, follow this road for approximately 5 miles, cross over the roundabout with the A429 and enter Ettington, proceed through the village and turn left onto the B4455. After .5 mile and just beyond the layby on the right there will be signs for The Granary. Proceed down the driveway and the property can be found on the right hand side of the quadrangle .
Mains electricity and water are connected to the property. Oil fired central heating and hot water. Sewerage is via a shared private system
Band G Stratford-on-Avon District Council
Strictly by appointment with Victoria Jeffs Estate Agents.
Fixtures and Fittings
All items of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale, all others are specifically excluded.