This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
6 bedroom house for sale
Woodlands Close, Bickley Park, Bromley, Kent
- Bickley Park location
- 0.4miles to station
- Well located for schools
- Outdoor pool & jacuzzi
- Attached double garage
Old Woodlands is situated within the prestigious and gated Bickley Park. There are excellent local transport links into London and Bromley town centre is less than two miles away.
Local shopping: Southborough Lane
Comprehensive Shopping: The Glades in Bromley and Bluewater Shopping Centre.
Mainline Rail Services:
Bickley (0.4 miles) to London Victoria, London Blackfriars, City Thameslink, and St Pancras International.
Chislehurst (0.7 miles) to Lewisham DLR, London Bridge, London Cannon Street, London Waterloo East and London Charing Cross.
Private Schools: Braeside Prep, Darul Uloom, Ashgrove, Bromley High School, Bickley Park Prep, Dulwich College, St Dunstan's, Colfe's, Eltham College, Farrington's and Babington House, Baston School.
Primary Schools: Breaside Prep, Bromley High, Bickley Park, Southborough, Raglan, St George's C of E and Bickley.
Secondary Schools: St Olaves, Newstead Wood, Bullers Wood, Coopers, Ravenswood.
Leisure Facilities: The area boasts several golf clubs and various sporting centres and clubs including David Lloyd, Cannons and Virgin Active (formerly Holmes Place).
Motorway Links: The A21 Hastings Road leads to Junction 4 of the M25 giving access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, Channel Tunnel Terminus, Ebbsfleet International, the South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre.
Originally a coach house, Old Woodlands is a classic Victorian property, dating from the 1860s, which was extended and renovated in the 1990s. The property offers accommodation of excellent proportions showcasing a wealth of period features. Some of these include fireplaces, beams, wooden paneling, high ceilings and plate rails. The property sits back from this private road surrounded by charming grounds including a landscaped garden and outdoor heated swimming pool.
Further points of note include:
- Leaded light casement windows and multi-paned French doors.
- The entrance lobby with tiled floor provides access to the downstairs cloakroom and reception hall featuring an oak floor, fitted drinks cupboard and cloak cupboard.
- The dining room is double aspect, offering views to the front and rear. It is well proportioned for entertaining and gives direct access to the rear patio, which is excellent for alfresco dining. Of particular note is the brick inglenook fireplace with stone hearth, inset with a wood burning stove. Two deep recessed fitted storage cupboards are to either side of the fireplace.
- The double aspect sitting room features a cast iron fireplace with oak surround and inset with a coal effect gas fire. A stable door provides access to the patio and rear garden, while double doors to the opposite side of the room give access to the pool area. The adjoining triple aspect study includes fitted furniture and a feature fireplace.
- The substantial and well-positioned kitchen/breakfast room comprises a comprehensive range of pine wall and base units including a built in wine rack. Integral appliances include a Europa Solarplus double oven, Baumatic hob (with extractor over), and Bosch dishwasher. There is also a walk in larder with space for a fridge and freezer. The adjoining utility room comprises wall and base units with work surfaces and a fitted stainless steel sink. There is space for a washing machine and tumble dryer, and separate access to both the front of the property and the family room.
- Sliding doors from the kitchen/breakfast room give access to the family room. This room is filled with natural light through floor length windows and two central French doors give access to the swimming pool area. Two large fitted cupboards provide plenty of display and storage space. A side door gives access to the swimming pool lobby, providing access to the swimming pool area and a downstairs shower room, which in turn, provides excellent changing facilities for the swimming pool.
- Upstairs, the master suite comprises a double aspect bedroom featuring a balcony from which to enjoy views over the rear garden, a dressing room with fitted wardrobes and an en suite shower and bathroom.
- There are five further bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes, four of which have vanity units with wash hand basins. The remaining bedroom has an en suite shower room.
- The family bathroom completes the first floor accommodation.
- The property is approached over a brick block in and out driveway, accessed via electronically controlled gates. The driveway provides parking for a number of cars, with two additional spaces available in the attached garage. There is a central front lawn with a topiary border. To the perimeter are mature trees, evergreen bushes and shrubs.
- The secluded and delightful rear garden comprises a flagstone patio and adjoining area of lawn with a border of flowering shrubs and some mature fruit trees. The adjacent swimming pool area has gated access to provide safety, and an attached store room houses the pool system.
- There is also a garden shed to the rear of the garden and a log cabin, providing light and power, which was previously used as a gym.
From our office at Locksbottom, proceed along the A21 Farnborough Common towards Bromley. At the first roundabout take the third exit onto Crown Lane Spur. Continue to follow the road, going straight over the next roundabout onto Southborough Road. Continue to follow the road until you reach the end where you reach a set of traffic lights. Turn right onto the A222, Bickley Park Road. Take the first left onto St Georges Road and you approach a gated entrance. Go through the gates and take the first right into Woodlands Close. Old Woodlands is the first house on the left hand side.