5 bedroom detached house for sale
Arrow, Alcester, Warwickshire B49
like this property?Call 01789 293000
- Substantial Reception Hall
- Sitting Room
- Dining Room
- Family Room
- Living Kitchen/Breakfast room
- Large utility and separate store room
- Five bedrooms, four en suite and shower in fifth
- Pretty Gardens with second garage and patios
Tenure: FreeholdGround Floor: Porch, Substantial Reception Hall, Sitting Room, Family Room, Dining Room, Living Kitchen/Breakfast Room, large Utility and separate Storeroom, Guest Cloakroom, Integral Garage
First Floor: Five bedrooms, four en suite and a shower in the fifth bedroom plus a family bathroom and a separate study
Outside: Pretty gardens with second garage and patios – the garden extending to about 0.68 acres
What makes this property so special?
• Built in the late 1920's, this lovely home sits in an elevated position and has many splendid character features from beautiful stained glass windows, painted beams and picture rails, high ceilings, cosy fireplaces and ornate door handles
• The sitting room is a particularly beautiful room being dual aspect and having an inglenook fireplace. There are fine views over the garden
• The kitchen is very much the heart of this lovely home, with bespoke oak units, sideboards and a Range master cooker, and tiled flooring. This is a lovely area for informal dining. Occasional chairs are placed by the bi-fold doors which look out onto the walled garden beyond
• There are five bedrooms, and a study – all in all this is a lovely home which provides great flexibility for family living
• Excellent local schooling in Alcester for all ages including a Grammar School, Roman Catholic School, a High School and quality primary schools
• Seven miles west of Stratford-upon-Avon and half a mile from Alcester – an ancient Roman town on the River Arrow surrounded by open countryside.
• The location offers excellent local shopping, sporting, recreational and educational facilities and is well placed being equi-distant from Worcester, Cheltenham, Warwick/Leamington Spa and Birmingham and close to other regional centres such as Redditch (7 miles), Evesham (10 miles) and with easy access to the Cotwolds.
• The M40, M42 and M5 are within easy reach and Warwick Parkway, Evesham and Redditch stations provide easy access to London and Birmingham. Birmingham International Airport is also close by.
Directions – B49 5PH
From Stratford-upon-Avon take the A3400 and onto the second exit and onto the A46 heading west towards Alcester. After five miles take the third exit onto the A435. At the next roundabout take the third exit onto Evesham Street and just as you reach the 30mph sign on the left the turning to Hillcrest can be found on the left hand side.
Things you need to know
• Services – Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas central heating
• Council Tax Band G - Stratford-on-Avon District Council
• Fixtures & Fittings – all curtains, light fittings and garden statuary are expressly excluded from the sale but may be included by separate negotiation
• Please note that the owners of Hillcrest own a small triangle of land at the bottom of the driveway which the owners of Pentlands have a Right of Way.