This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
4 bedroom detached house for sale
- Double Glazed
- Shower Room
Tenure: Freehold| DETACHED THREE/FOUR BEDROOM VICTORIAN HOUSE |
| ENTRANCE HALL |
| THREE RECEPTION ROOMS |
| INNER HALL |
| FOUR FIRST FLOOR ROOMS |
| SECURE PRIVATE GARDENS |
| CLOSE TO VILLAGE CENTRE |
A FOUR BEDROOM FAMILY HOUSE IN NEED OF IMPROVEMENT
An attractive double fronted building situated a stones throw from the heart of Ripley village offering the purchaser an opportunity to create a four bedroom detached home.
The premises have been previously used as a commercial property and was refurbished just a few years ago and includes a new roof, double glazed windows and doors and totally re-pointed.
The property is approached via double doors opening into a large hallway with doorway into a good size reception room which could be used as a lovely sitting room with bay window to the front and a further entrance or study area with useful side door. The remaining two rooms off the hallway could be converted into a spacious kitchen/dining room. There is a further door opening into the rear garden.
On the first floor there are four good size rooms which would make double bedrooms, one of which could be split into a single bedroom and an en-suite to a master bedroom. There is currently an upstairs shower room which has been fitted with a modern white suite.
Outside there is a secure private rear garden which has been landscaped with an Indian stone patio and a lawn area with a shrub and plant border. There is informal parking very nearby.
This property comes with the scope to completely create a wonderful family home in the highly desirable village of Ripley.
Ripley was first recorded in documents of around 1200. It developed with the establishment of the Augustinian Priory at Newark. The Abbey was dissolved in 1538-39 by Henry VIII. The growth of Portsmouth as a naval port in the time of Henry VIII brought prosperity to Ripley. Roadside inns were given nautical names: The Ship, The Anchor and later The Jovial Sailor. And in the 1880s, with the development of the bicycle, Ripley became known as the 'Mecca of all good cyclists' ('Bicycling News' 1887). The Anchor, one of Ripley's best known buildings, was their welcomed 'resting place'. The village of Ripley, with its selection of shopping facilities and country pubs, is within walking distance while Woking and Guildford towns are also within easy reach. The area has excellent road and rail communications with the A3 and Junction 10 of the M25 orbital being within close proximity.
Woking Station offers regular service to London Waterloo with trains about every 7 minutes and a journey time of around 22 minutes. Alternative services are provided from West Clandon with trains to London Waterloo arriving within one hour.