3 bedroom character property for saleHigh Street, Exton, Rutland, LE15
- Grade Ii Listed Cottage
- Thatched Roof
- Character Features
- Popular Location
- Sitting Room, Cloakroom
- Dining Kitchen, Utility
- 3 Dbl Bedrooms, Bathroom
- Enclosed Rear Garden
Character Grade II Listed cottage under thatched roof situated in the popular Rutland village of Exton. The property retains a lot of its period charm, benefits from gas central heating and offers accommodation which in brief comprises:
Ground Floor - spacious Sitting Room with feature open fireplace, good sized Kitchen / Diner, Rear Hall, Utility, Cloakroom / WC;
First Floor - three double Bedrooms and Bathroom.
Outside there is an enclosed by stone walling garden to rear and gravelled off road parking area to side.
The property is currently used as a holiday let and offers potential for providing additional income.
Character Grade II Listed cottage under thatched roof situated in the popular Rutland village of Exton. The property retains a lot of its period charm, benefits from gas central heating and offers accommodation which in brief comprises: Ground Floor - spacious Sitting Room with feature open fireplace, good sized Kitchen / Diner, Rear Hall, Utility, Cloakroom / WC; First Floor - three double Bedrooms and Bathroom. Outside there is an enclosed by stone walling garden to rear and gravelled off road parking area to side.
The property is currently used as a holiday let and offers potential for providing additional income.
Exton is a charming Rutland village lying approximately 4 miles to the east of Oakham. The charm of the village is demonstrated by the fact that parts are included in the Conservation Area. Within the village there is a school and for other facilities, these are available in Oakham and include a good range of shops, schools, dentists, library etc. Sporting facilities in the area are good with a number of participation sports being available and these include golf, cricket, football, rugby football, bowls and tennis. In addition Rutland Water lies approximately 1 mile to the south of Exton and there one can enjoy fly fishing, sailing, windsurfing or just a stroll around the shores of the lake. For commuters, there is a British Rail terminal in Oakham where are services to Leicester, Birmingham and Peterborough, and at the latter point there are good train services to London, King's Cross, the journey time taking about an hour. For road commuters Oakham is within easy distance of a number of centres including Stamford, Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Uppingham, Corby and Peterborough.
The property is accessed straight from the street with the main entrance door leading through to:
5.11m(16'9'') x 5.84m(19'2'')
5.11m(16'9) x 5.84m(19'2) A room of generous proportions and full of character featuring stone surround open fireplace with York stone hearth and timber mantel, solid oak floor, traditional beamed ceiling and exposed stonework to part of walls. Two radiators, wall light points, dual aspect to front and rear elevations with French doors to rear, internal door leading to:
Kitchen / Diner
3.56m(11'8'') x 4.70m(15'5'')
3.56m(11'8) x 4.70m(15'5)
Range of fitted yellow fronted units incorporating inset 1.5 bowl single drainer sink unit with plumbing for washing machine beneath, adjoining marble effect work surfaces with tiled splashbacks and cupboard and drawer units beneath, matching eye level wall cupboards and display shelving; inset four ring electric hob with electric oven beneath; radiator, wall light points, exposed beam to ceiling, dual aspect windows to front and side elevation (one of them with built-in window seat), glazed internal door leading through to:
1.02m(3'4'') x 2.18m(7'2'')
Radiator, ceramic tiled floor with matt well, stairs to first floor, external door to side elevation.
1.65m(5'5'') x 1.73m(5'8'')
Fitted with white worktop with plumbing for washing machine beneath and wash hand basin; ceramic tiled floor, wall mounted gas fired boiler.
Cloakroom / Wc
0.91m(3'0'') x 1.73m(5'8'')
Low level WC, radiator, ceramic tiled floor.
With roof access hatch.
3.63m(11'11'') max x 3.23m(10'7'')
Radiator, wall light point, window to front elevation.
5.21m(17'1'') max x 3.05m(10'0'')
Radiator, roof access hatch, wall light point, window to front elevation.
5.16m(16'11'') x 2.64m(8'8'')
Radiator, window to rear elevation.
2.57m(8'5'') max x 2.64m(8'8'') max
Fitted with white suite comprising low level WC, pedestal hand basin and panelled bath with tiled surround, MIRA shower above and fitted screen; upright stainless steel radiator, built-in airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
To the rear of the property is a private garden bounded by stone walling and incorporating a paved patio area, lawn with shrubbed borders and small trellis work gazebo.
To the side of the house is a gravelled area providing off road parking.
Mains Water, Electricity, Gas and Drainage are connected. Gas fired central heating system. Telephone installed.
None of the services, fittings, or appliances (if any) heating installations, plumbing or electrical systems, telephone or television points have been tested by the Selling Agents.
Council Tax Band
Enquiries to Rutland County Council, Telephone Oakham 01572-722577
Murray, in conjunction with Mortgage Options, have access to over 1,500 schemes via a computer sourcing system. We are able to find the most competitive products currently available from all Banks and Building Societies. This advice is free of charge and can be used whether you buy through Murray Estate Agents or another Agent.
YOUR HOME IS AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER LOAN SECURED ON IT.
Interested parties are advised to check with ourselves that these particulars have not been altered or amended in any way since they were issued.
By appointment to be made through the Selling Agents please. If you are travelling a long distance please telephone prior to departure to ensure the property is still available and to discuss any particular points which are likely to affect your interest in this property in order that you do not make a wasted journey.
Office Opening Hours
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 6.00
Saturday 9.00 - 4.00 Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00 - 2.00
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. Prospective purchasers and lessees ought to seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, area, reference to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection, or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of Messrs Murray has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars or enter into any contract relating to this property on behalf of the vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers or lessees in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. Where any reference is made to planning permission or potential uses, such information is given in good faith.
6. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the agents or their clients. These particulars do not form any part of an offer of a contract and neither the agents nor their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
Money Laundering Regulations 2003
Anti-Money Laundering Regulations came into force in March 2004. These regulations affect estate agents, there will be requirement that Murray's confirm the identity of its seller and buyers.
This footer paragraph is an example only and should not be relied upon as complying with current legislation. These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements of representation of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. No person in this firms employment has the authority to make or give any representation or warranty in respect of the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37046426.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 121514A_21514. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Murray Estate Agents & Chartered Surveyors., Oakham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.