3 bedroom detached house for saleBluehills, St. Agnes, Cornwall
Guide Price £685,000
Completely refurbished to a very high quality, this superb house has outstanding views over the Jericho Valley. A large detached double garage with ancillary games room/studio and a wonderfully landscaped garden of approx. 0.8 of an acre.
• Detached Double Garage With Office/Studio & Games Room
• Landscaped Garden 0.8 Acres
• Rural Views
PROPERTY Comprehensively re-built in 2001 this property provides an opportunity to buy a house built to an exceptionally high standard in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Offering generous rooms with a flexible layout, the home is suitable as a principal residence, a holiday home or a place to retire. An attractive and practical front porch opens to a spacious hallway with maple flooring and an attractive ash staircase. To the north of the house is a large dining room which has light streaming in the dual aspect windows and patio doors. The kitchen is in a galley style with a range of timber wall and base units with integrated dishwasher, oven, hob and extractor fan. The window over the sink provides superb views over the garden, valley beyond and out to sea. The sitting room is a generous room with stunning views. A feature stone wall is an attractive focal point and contains a pair of french doors leading to the sun room. Situated to the south of the house, this sun room is bright throughout the day and i
- The detached double garage has dual electric roller doors and contains an oil fired boiler providing heat for the garage and studio, a useful double sink and a radiator plus overhead eaves storage.
- To the side of the garage is an inspirational studio space with windows looking across Jericho Valley. There is a useful shower room while stairs lead down to a lower floor games room/music room.
GROUND AND GARDENS The property is sited on approximately 0.8 of an acre gardens which have been thoughtfully divided into two lawned areas, an interlocking brick patio as well as a level games courtyard area with attractive pergola which is approached through a lychgate. Throughout the garden are various seating areas making the most of the views as well as the variety incorporated in the landscaping. Attractive paved paths wind between the various areas whilst the garden is bounded by Cornish hedges and dry stone walls.
SURROUNDING AREAS The village of St Agnes benefits from a wide range of local shopping facilities. Shops include a butchers, post office, baker and supermarket as well as many others. The village boasts two excellent beaches at Trevaunance Cove and Chapel Porth. St Agnes is 8 ½ miles from the Cathedral City of Truro which offers a further comprehensive range of shopping and school facilities at both primary and secondary level as well as a wide range of recreational activities and leisure pursuits. There is a mainline railway station in Truro connecting with London Paddington and an airport at Newquay with daily flights connecting to London Stansted and London Gatwick amongst other destinations.
- From the junction of the A30 and the A390 (Chiverton Cross Roundabout) Take the exit as signposted for St. Agnes. At the subsequent roundabout follow the signs taking the third exit onto the B3277. Proceed along this road without deviation as it takes you through the centre of St. Agnes. As you leave the village proceeding up the hill, the road becomes the B3285. Turn left onto Wheal Kitty following the brown sign for Blue Hills Tin. Turn right at the next junction following the same signs, after approximately 350 Yards the property will be found on your left hand side.
SERVICES The property has Oil fired central heating and is connected to mains water while drainage is to a septic tank which was replaced in 2003.
- Cornwall Council. County Hall, Council Tax Band E.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37151309.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TRU110184. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Truro. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.