This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
10 bedroom house for sale
The Norfolk Mead, Coltishall, Norfolk, NR12 7DN
- 10 bedrooms,10 bathrooms
- 6 receptions & adjoining flat
- Two self-contained cottages
- Outdoor swimming pool
- In all 7.61 acres (est)
The popular village of Coltishall, much of which is a Conservation Area, is located approximately 7 miles to the north of Norwich. The village itself has excellent amenities including a village shop and post office, two well regarded public houses, an award winning gastro pub, a Thai restaurant, garage, butchers, doctors' surgery and village school. The village won the Eastern Daily Press Pride of Norfolk Village Award in 2008 for villages with a population of 2500 people.
Wroxham, the heart of the Norfolk Broads, is approximately 3? miles distant and has a wide range of shopping facilities and a rail service to Norwich and the coast, approximately 14 miles.
The River Bure runs through Colitshall giving access to the entire Broads network and the grounds of the Norfolk Mead run down to frontage directly onto the river canal.
The Norfolk Mead is a most attractive country house dated 1740 and extended to the northwest in the 19th century. The house is Grade II listed and is traditionally constructed of red brick with pantile and slate roofs. The current owners run the house as a country house hotel and are currently seeking permission for the property to be used as a private residence again if required. The property would easily convert back to a country house as it has been remarkably unspoilt and still retains much period detail. The main area that would need attention is the kitchen as this is currently a commercial kitchen.
Situated on the peaceful edge of the Broads standing in its own gardens and grounds The Norfolk Mead enjoys extensive frontage to the River Bure.
The rooms are light and well proportioned and the majority of the principal rooms overlook the delightful gardens and grounds and beyond to the river. We draw your attention to the floor plans for a full explanation as to how the accommodation is arranged.
In addition there are two self-contained timber constructed garden cottages. The former thatched barn to the north of the property has been converted into a pair of separate cottages (Mead Croft and Mead Court) both with 2 bedrooms and small private garden. These cottages can be purchased in addition subject to separate negotiation. There is also an area of paddock land, opposite the walled kitchen garden, that can also be purchased by separate negotiation if required.
The house is approached via a gravelled drive leading to a large gravelled turning and parking area to the east of the house which then continues around the property to the south. On the far south side are the two timber framed cottages.
There are extensive formal lawns to the east and south with some magnificent mature trees including oak, cedar, copper beech and yew. To the northwest of the house is a fine walled garden now mainly laid to lawn with various well stocked flower and rose borders. Within the walled garden is a large outdoor swimming pool, 56' x 29' (17.06m x 8.83m) currently not in use and in need of some repair.
Beyond the formal gardens to the south of the property is a bridge crossing over a dyke which leads to a further large lawned area which widens out to the west with extensive reed beds and grass walks and leads down to the River Bure canal. Within this area is a substantial lake with associated plants and wildlife which creates a beautiful and tranquil setting. There is extensive river frontage and mooring rights together with access to a mooring basin with further mooring rights shared with the neighbouring cottages. Please see Agent's Note.
The gardens and grounds in all extend to 7.61 acres (est).
Mains water, electricity and gas. Private drainage. Gas heating.
1. A thatched barn on the north side of the house has been converted into a pair of separate cottages known as Mead Croft and Mead Court both with 2 bedrooms and private gardens. These are available subject to separate negotiation.
2. On the west side of the house beyond the walled garden is a paddock which is also available subject to separate negotiation.
3. The neighbouring cottages enjoy a right of way along the west side of the walled garden leading down to the basin where they each have a private mooring.
4. The cottages to the north of the house also enjoy a right of vehicular access over the initial part of the drive leading to The Norfolk Mead.
Broadland District Council.
Fixtures and Fittings
All fixtures and fittings including fitted carpets and curtains are specifically excluded from the sale, but may be available in addition, subject to separate negotiation.
Strictly by appointment with Savills. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
NB: Floor plans prepared by ehouse are for guidance only. Savills do not accept any responsibility for their accuracy.
- reception hall
- drawing room
- morning room
- dining room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 2 games rooms
- split level landing
- 7 bedrooms each with adjoining bath/shower room
- 3 further bedrooms each with adjoining bath/shower room
- adjoining flat with sitting room, bedroom and bathroom
- two self-contained timber garden cottages
- mature gardens and grounds including walled garden
- outdoor swimming pool in need of some repair
- in all about 7.61 acres (est) including extensive river frontage and mooring facilities
- an opportunity to acquire an additional pair of cottages each with a small private garden. An additional paddock both marked on the site plan which is also available subject to separate negotiation
Leave Norwich on the B1150 North Walsham road and continue as far as Coltishall. Proceed into the centre of Colithsall crossing over the River Bure. Turn right signposted to Wroxham on the B1354. After a short distance, just before the church, turn right into a drive signposted to The Norfolk Mead Hotel. At the end of this drive fork to the right towards the house. The post code for the property is NR12 7DN.