This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
4 bedroom detached house for sale
- Detached 4 bedroom house
- Situated in central, level position in Modbury
- Modern but with character features
- Garden and patio area
- Single garage and parking for two cars
- Wood burning stove
- Large kitchen/breakfast room
Tenure: FreeholdA superior detached 4 bedroom house occupying a central level position within the Georgian town of Modbury. Built in 2003 it is modern, but has many character features.
Kingsbridge 8 miles, A38 5.5 miles, Plymouth 12 miles (distances approximate)
SITUATION & DESCRIPTION
Modbury is a picturesque Georgian town situated in an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty', and is only about 4 miles from the nearest beach. Some two hundred years ago it was extremely prosperous being the local market town and a centre for the wool trade. Today there is a good range of local shops including a butcher, baker, grocers, hardware store, chemist, delicatessen and a number of gift shops and art galleries. Modbury received world wide media coverage when it became the first town in Europe to become plastic bag free. Other amenities include a primary school, health centre, dentist, veterinary surgery and mobile library and Lloyds TSB bank. For more comprehensive shopping, Kingsbridge is to the South and Plymouth is about 12 miles to the West. Modbury is on the main bus route and is also only about 5.5 miles from the A38. Nearby there are fine cliff top and coastal walks, other beaches and coves, with sailing at Salcombe and Newton Ferrers, 18 hole golf courses at Thurlestone and Bigbury and Dartmoor National Park is several miles to the North.
Yarn Hay was built in 2003 and has one year unexpired NHBC. It has colour washed rendered elevations and part hung tile elevations, under a slate roof, wooden double glazed windows and gas central heating.
Flagstone steps to the Porch with a solid oak door and double glazed panel opening to:
Under floor heating throughout the hall, kitchen, utility and cloakroom. Flagstone floor, downlighters and stairs to first floor. Doors to:
Double corner shower cubicle with glazed sliding door. Redring Active 350 electric shower. Close coupled low level WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Shaver and light point. Mains heated towel rail. Extractor fan. Downlighters.
Magnificent full length room with dual aspect wooden double glazed windows.
Kitchen area: Oak stable door to side porch with slate step. Square edged beech wooden work surfaces with ceramic tiled splashback. Inset Belfast sink with central mixer tap. Space for Tecnick four ring, plus wok, double oven and grill cooker, extractor hood above. Ample wall and base storage units with integral dishwasher. Space for upright fridge/freezer. Downlighters.
Dining Area: Dual aspect wooden double glazed windows. Ample room for table to sit twelve. Downlighters.
Plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble drier. Ample room for upright fridge/freezer. Wall mounted Vaillant gas central heating combi boiler. Fitted shelves. Coat hooks. Electric fuse board.
Gorgeous light sitting room with feature fireplace, oak lintel, granite hearth and free standing wood burning stove. Fitted shelves and cupboards to chimney recesses. TV point. Exposed ceiling timbers. Downlighters. Radiator.
Cross landing with downlighters. Frosted double glazed wooden window. Doors to:
Built in 'His and Hers' cupboards. Sealed and polished oak floor boards. Wooden double glazed window overlooking the front garden.
Double bedroom with dual aspect wooden windows. Ample room for free standing wardrobe. Radiator.
Double bedroom with fitted desk and storage cupboards below and storage shelves above. Access to roof void. Wooden window to front aspect.
Sealed and polished oak floor boards. Round edged free standing bath with side mixer tap and shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin. Low level WC. Storage cupboard with fitted shelves. Mains radiator/towel rail. Wooden shelf. Shaver point. Part wooden panelling.
Double bedroom with access to roof void. Built in wardrobe. Wooden window to front aspect.
Parking for two cars on gravel forecourt leading to the single garage with up-and-over door.
The property stands in a good sized plot with easy maintenance garden comprising lawn area bounded by natural stream and large side patio suitable for BBQs with iron gates to rear storage area, bounded by a rendered wall.
Mains water, electricity, drainage. Gas central heating, part radiators, part underfloor.
Currently Band E
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234. www.south-hams-dc.gov.uk
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit (Modbury Office) Tel: 01548 831163 - Please contact the office to make an appointment.
From the Modbury office turn left towards the Co-op and turn left past the load entrance for the Co-op. The property will be found 100 yards on the left hand side.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.