Retirement property is one option to consider as we get older and our housing needs change. By opting for the correct housing it's possible to minimise the accommodation difficulties that people often face in later life. Rightmove's retirement homes search facility allows you to find housing designed specifically for older people
Assisted living and other resident friendly features are on offer at these developments, which are designed to cater specifically for the needs of the retired and help maintain freedom and quality of life. These retirement communities also offer the security, peace of mind and social lifestyle that comes with communal living.
In addition to the retirement specific advantages there are many other benefits that buying new offers:
Simplify the moving process
- When you buy a new retirement home, you can move in as soon as it is finished.
- There's no need to spend money or time redecorating and repairing your new property. Some new build home developers even give you the option of designing your new home before it's built so it's decorated exactly to your taste.
Relax, it's a new retirement home
- New build home developers who are registered with the National House Building Council provide a 10 year warranty. Some New Homes developers offer similar guarantees from other providers.
- You can also avoid the often lengthy process of waiting for detailed surveys to be completed on your new retirement property as your guarantee covers any unforeseen problems.
- Most new homes have advanced security features as standard, including circuit breakers, fire and smoke alarms. Retirement property often also benefits from additional features such as alarm cords, video entry and other enhanced security and welfare products and services to offer increased peace of mind.