Properties for sale

Properties for sale View all properties for sale from Divine Home Property Solutions, Albufeira
Divine Home Property Solutions, Albufeirabranch details

We are a government licensed Real Estate Agency conveniently located on the Albufeira Marina and within easy access of Lagos and Tavira.

We cover the internationally known “Golden Triangle” which encompasses Almancil, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago.

We are a property boutique with an up market image that focuses on the specific needs of our clients by offering a comprehensive and personalized service.

We will assist you from the initial stages of searching and finding your ideal property through to “Escritura” (Final Deed-title). We pledge a professional service and a friendly relationship.

Our portfolio includes a wide selection of exclusive properties suitable for permanent residence, family holiday home, retirement home, golf/beach escapes, investment/rental income and investment projects.


We have taken the liberty of providing in good faith answers to some questions asked frequently by potential buyers/clients.

Please note: These are for guidance only and we cannot accept responsibility for any mistakes or misinformation. We strongly recommend Legal and Fiscal Consultations at all times prior to any transaction as the laws are constantly changing.

Q: Can I get a Portuguese mortgage?

Yes. The requirements and terms are similar to those in the UK and you must be able to show you can make the repayments. You can normally borrow up to 70% of the bank valuation and interest rates will vary due to personal status. We can recommend several local banks, most of whom have Branches in the UK. We can also forward your contact to them and they can contact you directly prior to your arrival. This will allow you to be informed of all your requirements e.g. necessary documentation you need to bring, should you wish to proceed with a purchase when you visit. We can recommend the following Banks; 'Barclays', 'Millenium BCP', 'BPI', 'Banif' etc. Should wish to work with any particular Bank, we will be pleased to assist you. The interest rate can vary.

Q: Can I make an offer?

Unlike the UK, reduced offers are rarely accepted in Portugal. Negotiation is not generally the norm, BUT if you wish to put forward an offer, we will be happy to present it to the vendor on your behalf.

Q: Do I need permission to buy a property in Portugal?

Generally no, where necessary, we can assist you with your application for the permission by recommending a local lawyer or working in conjunction with him/her on your behalf.

Q: Do I need to have a Fiscal Representative?

Yes. Under Portuguese law, all non-Portuguese non-residents who wish to own a property in Portugal must appoint a fiscal representative. We can recommend companies who can be appointed as your Fiscal Representative.

Q: Does Portugal have Inheritance Tax?

Not in respect of Portuguese properties where the appropriate documentation has been submitted to the tax authority. The Inheritance Tax was abolished as from 2004, and is therefore, no longer applicable.

Q: How do I transfer money to pay for the property in Euros?

We can recommend a selection of Currency Specialists who can offer you competitive rates, sometimes better than your bank will offer. If you need to discuss currency matters further, please contact us and we will advise you.

The fluctuations in the exchange rate between the Pound and the Euro can make a significant difference when large amounts are concerned, therefore, specialist advice should be considered.

Q: Should I have the property surveyed?

It is not the norm in Portugal, but if you so wish we can recommend a local surveyor or you are welcome to appointment someone recommended elsewhere. The bank will provide a bank surveyor in case of a mortgage.

Q: Should I make a will covering my property in Portugal?

We strongly recommend a Portuguese Will.

Q: Should I use a Portuguese lawyer/solicitor?

We strongly recommend that you use a Portuguese lawyer. They are generally less expensive than their British counterparts and they have a thorough understanding of the Portuguese conveyance law and any local variations which may impact on your proposed purchase. Most lawyers are bilingual in Portuguese and English and some speak other languages like German, Spanish, French, etc. If you require a specific language not mentioned, please let us know and we shall try to provide you with a suitable recommendation. Normally the English language is sufficient.

Q: What are the requirements if I want to live in Portugal permanently?

For accurate and updated information for your particular circumstances, we suggest you confirm directly with the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate in the country where you are currently living. The following may be used as a general guide since Portugal is part of the Euro-zone:

-if you are a British citizen you have the right to reside in Portugal and share the same rights as a Portuguese citizen.

-as a permanent resident you will need to have a 'Certificado de Residência' and this can be obtained by providing the authorities with the following documentation:

  • valid passport and Fiscal number (NIF)

  • evidence of income that is sufficient to support yourself (and your family if applicable)

If you intend to work in Portugal, you do not normally need a work permit, but you will need to provide a copy of the employment contract.

To obtain a 'Certificado de Residência' you will need to apply at the Town Hall nearest to where you are going to live in Portugal.

If you are a non-EU citizen, you must apply for a Residence Visa/Permit in person at the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate in the country where you are currently living. They will advise you of the documents you need to provide to support your application.

If you own a property and if you are have a Resident you can be exempted from paying the 'IMI' (annual tax) for the first 4 to 8 years depending on the valuation of the property by the 'FINANÇAS' (Tax Department)

Q: What documentation will be required to open a Portuguese Bank Account?

Further information under 'Mortgage and Current account opening'

Q: What is a 'Procuração' (Power of Attorney)

This is a legal document you sign at a Notary whereby you appoint a lawyer or solicitor as your legal representative and empower him/her to sign on your behalf any transactions (whatever is agreed to by both parties and stated in the document) i.e. 'Finanças' (Tax Department), 'Escritura' (Final Deed-title) at the Notary, as well as registrations at the 'Conservatoria do Registo Predial' (Land registry Office ). You may also allow them to represent you at the EDP (electricity contracts) etc., thereby saving you all the bureaucracy involved. This is highly recommended as it speeds up the buying process. Each party involved in the purchase will need to provide one.

Q: What type of education is available for my children?

There are several International Private Schools throughout Portugal and especially on the Algarve (some may have their own transportation and also meals for those who require them). However, the Portuguese government provides good standard education schools for your children. Your child will attend the school in your catchment area.

Q: Will I be entitled to Medical and health treatments

Foreign residents who contribute to the Portuguese Social Security are entitled to treatment at the Public Hospitals and local Health Centres (Centro de Saúde) for a small charge. Foreign residents normally take out a Private Health Insurance with one of the specialised International Companies. This provides them affordable access to a large number of specialists practising in the private hospitals or clinics (normally staffed and equipped to provide a more personalised service than state institutions can provide). It is also possible to be treated at the local or district hospital by presenting the E111 Form, which can be obtaining from your local post office.

Q: Will I have to be in attendance to complete the transaction in Portugal?

No. You can give your lawyer 'Power of Attorney' to sign all necessary documents on your behalf. This is normal practice although you are entitled to be there simultaneously.

Q: Will the property I buy be Freehold?

We normally only deal with Freehold at DivineHome, but there are a few cases like Quarter Share or Timeshare/ Leasehold in Portugal. Your legal representative will provide confirmation of freehold on your behalf.



Quinta da Orada, Lote 6 - Loja36, Marina de Albufeira, 8200-371 Albufeira


Burgmeester Hazenberglaan 41 3078 HC Rotterdam T: 0031- (0)10 497 33 11

Contact details

Portugal Quinta da Orada, Lote 6 - Loja36, Marina de Albufeira, 8200-371 Albufeira Holland Burgmeester Hazenberglaan 41 3078 HC Rotterdam T: 0031- (0)10 497 33 11

Tel: 0843 315 5536  BT 4p/min

See it? Scan it!

QR code

Why buy with Divine Home?

  • Properties in East, Central and West Algarve
  • Unique properties at attractive prices
  • Multi lingual and flexible team
  • After sale service
  • Step by step advice
  • Long established in the market

The content and views expressed are those of the agent and not necessarily of Rightmove Group Limited or Rightmove plc

Request more details »

We use cookies to optimise your experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to receive our cookies. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.