Third Istanbul airport a step closer

Friday, 17th August, 2012 by Anthony Strachan

The Turkish Government has set the wheels in motion to nationalise a plot of land for Istanbul’s third airport, according to Turkish Transport Minister, Binali Yildirim, who expects a tender for the project to take place later this year.


Article written by The Overseas Guides Company

If all goes to plan, the first stage of the airport’s construction will be completed by 2015, and in its first stage the airport will be able to accommodate 90 million passengers. The location that has been chosen for the airport is 80 per cent public land, while the remaining 20 per cent will be obtained through nationalisation.

“The location of the airport has been determined. It will be on the European side in the northern part of the city near the Black Sea,” the minister said.

These new developments signal good things to property-owners and businesses in Istanbul. With more flights available, the number of people visiting the already popular city is likely to increase.

For details of property for sale in Turkey, visit the Turkey listings on Rightmove Overseas. One way to save money when buying or living in Turkey is to use a currency specialist when transferring your pounds into lira or euros. For more information on this, contact Smart Currency Exchange or visit the Currency Zone.


To understand the full step-by-step process to buying a property in Turkey, collect The Overseas Guides Company’s ‘Turkey Property Buying Guide




The views and comments herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Rightmove Overseas, Rightmove Group Ltd or Rightmove Plc


You may also like these related posts:

  1. Murcia moves step closer to realising theme park
  2. Istanbul for investment in 2012
  3. Istanbul is ‘best investment in Europe’
  4. Istanbul – Investment Hotspot
  5. Alanya property in Turkey to fly on back of new airport