Land for saleLand at Rowanburn, Nr Canonbie, Dumfriesshire DG14 0RF
The subject development land occupies a prominent position on the northern side of the B6357, the main road running through Rowanburn, approximately 1.5 miles to the north east of Canonbie, Dumfriesshire and on the southern Borders of Scotland.
Rowanburn is an attractive and historic hamlet in Eskdale and lies around 6 miles south east of Langholm and 6 miles north of Longtown. The area is predominantly rural although readily accessible to the A7 which is less than 2 miles to the west and provides access to Junction 44 of the M6, circa 12 miles away.
Canonbie is the nearest village with a population of 319 (2011 Census) and offers local services including a post office/convenience store within a public house, a public hall and recreation ground, primary school and a church. Canonbie is also on two public bus routes, the X95 which travels from Edinburgh to Carlisle and the A127 from Newcastleton to Carlisle.
Carlisle is the nearest city around 15 miles from Rowanburn and is situated close to the Scottish/English Border with a population of 75,306 and a wider population of 107,524 (2011 Census). It is the main administrative and retail centre for Cumbria and benefits from good access to the M6 as well as having a station on the main West Coast Virgin Glasgow to London Euston rail line.
The subject land is easily accessed, taking the B6357 which connects directly to the A7 crossing the River Esk and travelling in a north eastern direction into the centre of Rowanburn. The location is shown on the attached plan.
The subject site comprises approximately 0.48 hectares (1.18 acres) of Brownfield land which is contained in two separate titles and benefits from two detailed planning permissions.
The northern parcel of land comprises the former Rowanburn shop and garden centre which has now been demolished and is subject to a detailed planning permission (Dumfriesshire Council Planning Reference 04/P/4/0246) for the development of three dwellings, one with an integral garage. It is understood that a building warrant was obtained on 28 February 2007 as well as approval for non-material variations to the planning consent.
The proposed scheme has a detached four bedroom dwellings together with integral garage and gardens as well as 2 No. three bedroom semi-detached dwellings with associated gardens and car parking.
To the south west, a larger adjoining scheme benefits from detailed planning permission for the development of up to 15 detached and semi-detached dwellings (Dumfriesshire Council Planning Reference 03/P/4/0213). The scheme which will form an attractive and self-contained development with a range of three and four bedroom dwellings, associated gardens, car parking and a number of the properties will benefit from a rural outlook.
Proposed scheme plans and further site information is available on request.
A previous detailed Site Investigation has been undertaken and will be made available to prospective purchasers. The developer will be responsible for any necessary assessment of ground conditions and will need to satisfy themselves that development can take place safely.
It is understood that mains services are available on or adjacent to the site which fronts the main road running through Rowanburn and prospective purchaser will need to satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the services - further information is available on application.
Offers are invited for our Client's heritable freehold interest and proposals will be considered for the sale of both schemes separately or as a whole.
Please note that our Client is not obliged to accept the highest or any offer without prejudice and subject to contract.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
LEGAL & PROFESSIONAL COSTS
Each party to bear their own legal and professional costs in the preparation and settlement of the sale documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The site is available to view directly from the B6357. Further information is available from the Carlisle Office of Edwin Thompson LLP, Contact:
John Haley, email@example.com
Tel: 01228 548385
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in March 2018.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72309710.html
- Gretna Green (8.1 mi)
Nearest schoolsUse the school checker
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Compare broadband deals
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Gretna Green (8.1 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
There are no nearby secondary schools found.
Due to the frequency with which Inspection bodies, such as Ofsted, provide us with updates, there could be a delay of up to 8 weeks between a rating being updated and it being displayed on Rightmove. This data is provided for informational purposes only and Rightmove plc does not accept any liability for decisions based on this data. The data is sourced from Experian and contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. Experian does not accept responsibility for any inference or conclusion derived from the data by third parties.
Disclaimer - Property reference R1147. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Edwin Thompson, Keswick. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.