As of 27th May, 2015 ALL residential letting agents are required by law to inform any potential landlords and tenants of their fee's. Please see below for a breakdown of our competitive Landlord fees.
Tenant find: 3 Weeks rent (Inc VAT)
Minimum fee £480.00 (Inc VAT)
• Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance with the landlord guidelines;
• Advise on refurbishment
• Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
• Carry out accompanied viewings (as appropriate )
• Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
• Erect board outside property in accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990
• Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)
• Check tenants in
• Collect and remit initial months' rent received
• Agree collection of any shortfall and payment method
• Provide tenant with method of payment
• Deduct any pre-tenancy invoices
• Advise all relevant utility providers of changes
Rent collection: 9.6% of rent (Inc VAT)
INCLUDES ALL TENANT FIND SERVICES PLUS:
• Register Deposit
• Collect and remit the monthly rent received
• Deduct commission and other works
• Arrangement payments from rental for statutory requirements
• Pursue non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears actions
• Annual reminders of safety checks due
• Arrangement of any safety checks due
• Tenancy renewal reminders
• Arrange tenancy renewals
• Serve section 21 notice to end the tenancy (If required)
• Check tenants out
• Deal with deposit return
Fully managed:14.4% of rent (Inc VAT)
INCLUDES ALL OF THE TENANT FIND AND RENT COLLECTION SERVICES PLUS:
• Undertake routine property visits and notify landlord of the outcome
• Inspect reported problems and report back to landlord
• Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors
• Deduct from rent and pay contractors invoices
• Hold keys throughout the tenancy term
ADDITIONAL NON-OPTIONAL FEES AND CHARGES (IRRESPECTIVE OF LEVEL OF SERVICE):
Setup Fee (Landlords Share): £60.00(inc VAT) Only on Rent Collection & Full Management
Tenancy Renewal Fee (landlords share) £50.00(inc VAT)
For contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement. Review rent in accordance with current prevailing market condition and advise the landlord. Negotiate with tenant, Direct tenant to make payment change as appropriate, Update the tenancy agreement. Serve Section 13 Notice if tenancy is on a rolling monthly basis
Checkout Fee (landlords share) £70.00(inc VAT)
Agree with tenant check out date and time appointment, Negotiate with landlord and tenant any disbursement of the security deposit, Return deposit as agreed with landlord and tenant to relevant parties. Remit any disputed amount to Scheme for final adjudication.
OTHER FEES AND CHARGES:
Additional Works £60.00(inc VAT) per incident plus any item or costs incurred
The Agent reserves the right to invoice charges in respect of any work or management of an unusual nature not envisaged in our terms and conditions.
In the event that this agreement is cancelled by the landlord once a tenant has been found and referenced but prior to them moving in or the arrangement of tenancy, a cancellation charge of £200.00 Inc VAT is payable plus any expenses incurred. For example gas safety certificates or EPC certificates arranged. The fee due to us, allows us to reimburse the tenants there fees already paid to us and the expense's allows us to pay the contractors for works already carried out.
The agency agreement between C&L Lettings Ltd and the landlord cannot be cancelled during the period of occupation by the tenant/s. If a landlord wants to terminate our agreement they must give a minimum of 2 months notice. On terminating the contract between C&L Lettings and the landlord and the landlord intends to continue letting to the tenant introduced by C&L Lettings then an additional fee equivalent to 1.2 months rent Inc VAT (minimum fee £600.00 Inc VAT) will be payable at the end of the 2 month notice period.
If tenant/s introduced by C&L lettings have vacated and been checked out and then subsequently moves back into the property within 6 months, then C&L lettings will be due all commissions at prices listed.
Where a tenant directly or indirectly or any person or corporate body directly or indirectly purchases a freehold or leasehold of the property occupied or previously occupied by tenant during or within 6 months of the end of any Tenancy then fee equivalent to 1,8%(Inc VAT) of the purchase price will become due and payable by the owner to the agents. The owner will immediately on demand furnish all information as the agent may require for the purpose of calculating and collecting such fee.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES, PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF