At Peter Clarke we aim to make the renting process as smooth as possible and we would be delighted to help you with any queries you have. We will ask a range of questions to check the property is suitable for you prior to viewing and answer any questions surrounding the application and referencing process.
Our Tenant referencing is undertaken by Goodlord and once you have submitted an offer to rent we will provide your name and contact details to Goodlord so that they can process your references.
All applications are made Subject to Contract and the Landlord's approval.
1. Once you have found the perfect property we will provide you with a declaration of offer form which will need to be completed and signed by all adults over the age of 18 that will be living at the property. This will provide us with all of the information that we need to be able to confirm your application with the landlord of the property.
2. In order to comply with the Government's Right to Rent checks, we will need to verify that you have the right to rent a property in the UK. We will need to see your EU passport or a valid residence card / visa. We must see all applicants in person and the original documents before we can proceed with your application.
3. Once we have confirmed your application with the landlord of the property, you will need to pay a refundable holding deposit by debit card of one weeks' rent. We will then take the property off the market whilst we complete your references.
4. You will be required to complete an online application form for each adult and our referencing company will carry out a credit search, obtain employment references and any previous landlord references.
5. You will need to submit an electronic copy of your photo ID and proof of address - usually in the form of a utility bill or bank statement.
6. Once your references have been completed you will be issued with your tenancy agreement for signing electronically and we will contact you to make arrangements for you to collect the keys for the property on the day of move in.
7. You will be given the opportunity to set up you utility accounts in preparation for you moving in to your new home.
The following will need to be paid in cleared funds by bank transfer prior to the commencement date of your tenancy as follows:
1. A refundable holding deposit will be payable at the point of application which will be the equivalent of one weeks' rent.
2. A security deposit usually equivalent to five weeks' rent or if the annual rent exceeds £50,000 per year, the deposit will usually be the equivalent of six weeks' rent.
3. The first months' rent or any balance of rent agreed to be paid in advance.
Should you require any assistance during your application or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Centre on 01789 207126 or email email@example.com
If your application relates to a property being promoted by Peter Clarke Henley in Arden Office, contact them directly on 01564 795757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this branch is separately owned and run.