Rightmove Students – Top tips to save money on energy bills
Energy bills can cost students a lot of money, but you don’t need to sit shivering in your room just follow these tips on how to stay warm whilst cutting energy bills.
1. Don’t block your central heating with furniture – let the heat circulate.
2. Keep internal doors closed especially doors that lead off draughty hallways.
3. Make draught excluders out of a pair of thick tights or a sleeve of a wooly jumper and put these in gappy doorways.
4. Invest in lined curtains (you can buy second hand) and keep them closed when it gets chilly.Buy a thicker duvet for your bed rather than putting the heating on at night.
5. Use someone else’s heat! Do more studying in the library at uni and take advantage of their heat and electricity.
6. Eat a hot meal at night and gather in the kitchen whilst dinner bubbles away.
7. Turning the heating down just 1 degree can save up to 10% off your gas bill over a year.
8. Turn the hot water thermostat down.
9. Put masking tape round the edges of single glazed windows.
10. And if you’re still cold ask your landlord what insulating measure are in place.
If you’re looking for student accommodation, visit Rightmove Students.