- PROPERTY TYPE
- Affordable Led proposed development site
- Current proposal for 2 Affordable and 2 Open Market houses
- Cornwall Council Approval Recommendation
- Subject to All Reserved Matters
- Attractive edge of village setting
- Convenient for surrounding towns of Falmouth, Helston, Redruth and Truro
Planning - On 8 March 2021, Cornwall Council West Sub-Area Planning Committee recommended in respect of Planning Application Number: PA20/09950 - APPROVAL WITH CONDITIONS AND SUBJECT TO COMPLETION OF A SECTION 106 PLANNING OBLIGATION TO SECURE AFFORDABLE HOUSING ON SITE.
The Section 106 Agreement has now been entered into with the key points being:-
1. No more than 50% of Open Market Dwellings to be occupied prior to completion and disposal of 100% of the Affordable Dwellings.
2. The 2 Affordable Homes are to provide a minimum gross internal area of 93 metres square and provide 3 bedrooms.
3. The Open Market Dwellings are to be a maximum of 2 in number.
4. The Affordable Dwellings are to comprise no less than 50% of the site.
5. The 2 Affordable Homes are to be sold at a 55% discount from open market value.
The Location - The site is situated on the southern edge of the centre of the village of Carnkie. Surrounding properties comprise a mix of cottages, houses and bungalows, with a schematic proposal showing the 2 Open Market Dwellings enjoying the sunny, southerly aspect over surrounding unspoilt countryside.
Tenure - Freehold.
Services - We understand mains water, electricity and drainage are accessible to the site but, in the normal manner, prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries in this regard.
Viewing - By telephone appointment with the vendor's Sole Agent - Laskowski & Company, 28 High Street, Falmouth, TR11 2AD. Telephone: .
Directional Note - Take the A394 Falmouth to Helston road and proceed through the village of Long Downs in the direction of Helston. Within a mile you will enter Rame and on the brow of the hill, immediately after Rame Cross Stores, turn right signposted to Carnkie and Stithians Reservoir. Proceed down the hill and at the grass triangle turn left, following the signs to Carnkie. Within approximately half a mile you will enter the village, proceed down the hill and the access to the Development Land will be found on the left-hand side approximately 100 yards after the red telephone box.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Penryn Station4.0 miles
- Redruth Station4.9 miles
- Perranwell Station5.2 miles
About the agent
Laskowski & Company Estate Agents - specialists in the marketing and sale of all types of property in Falmouth and Penryn, to the neighbouring towns of Truro, Redruth and Helston, and all villages, rural districts and waterside locations between.
With over 140 years of combined experience, Laskowski & Company was founded in 2006 to provide an unrivalled estate agency service. In the intervening years, we have positioned ourselves at the
Disclaimer - Property reference 31259601. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Laskowski & Co, Falmouth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.