Near Llancarfan, Vale of Glamorgan, CF62 3AJ
- PROPERTY TYPE
4,113 sq ft
382 sq m
- A truly exceptional Grade II listed thatched home
- In a unique location enjoying the most amazing views over the Nant Carfan Valley
- Family lounge, contemporary kitchen, also family sitting room
- Conservatory opening to terrace with deck beyond looking out over the Valley
- Four double bedrooms, two of these en suite, and a separate shower room
- Ample parking and double garage with office above
- South facing lawned garden
- Additional paddock and American style stables with four bays and storage
- Outdoor manege
- Paddock, garden, woodland and grounds of approx 7 acres in total
Summary - A truly exceptional thatched property in a unique location enjoying the most amazing views over the Nant Carfan Valley and surrounding farmland. This Grade II Listed family home retains incredible character yet has been sympathetically and traditionally modernised by the current owners to provide a skillful blend of charm and modern convenience. Family lounge with open fire, contemporary kitchen with central island and dining room beyond. Also family sitting room with wood burner and utility room with cloakroom. To the first floor level there are four double bedrooms, two of these with en suite shower rooms, and a separate shower room. Outside the property has a superb conservatory opening paved terrace leading onto a floating deck positioned to look out over, and enjoy the views of, the Nant Carfan Valley. Ample lawned garden to front with additional raised flagstone-paved and pergola-covered outdoor dining area. Ample parking and double garage with office/games room above. Additional paddock and American style barn with four bays and 2/3 store rooms with outdoor manege of approximately 50m x 20m. The paddock, garden, woodland and grounds reach approximately 7 acres in total.
Situation - The Village of Llancarfan is positioned within gently rolling countryside and contains a number of period houses, a primary school, church and public house. Although enjoying the benefits of a rural community, the village is accessible to the nearby Town of Cowbridge and is within the catchment area of the town's well regarded comprehensive school to which there is a bus service. The historic town of Cowbridge includes a range of quality shops, restaurants, a public library, health centre, a leisure centre and various sporting clubs. The heritage coastline lies to the south and west, with its beautiful cliff top walks and mixture of sandy and stony beaches. The City of Cardiff is also within reach via the A48 road and the M4 motorway provides access to other major commercial centres in the region. There is a main-line railway station at Cardiff providing direct access to London in around two hours.
About The Property - * Cliff House is an exceptional property in a unique location enjoying quite amazing, unrivaled views of the Nant Carfan River Valley looking over fields and farmland towards Llancarfan village.
* This Grade II listed property is understood to have been built in the 18th century with a 19th century addition but has been skillfully renovated and modernised in recent years to offer immense character and modern facilities.
* A family lounge, to the front of the property, has an open fire and exposed stone work; windows look in a southerly direction over the front garden.
* From there an inner lobby / snug has a staircase leading to the principal bedroom while a shallower set of stairs lead into the kitchen, to the very heart of the house.
* The contemporary kitchen includes a 4 oven oil-fired Aga and includes a particularly good range of storage units with granite tops and matching central island / breakfast bar. Fully integrated dishwasher and Aga to remain.
* An adjacent utility room provides additional storage and houses a fridge/freezer. The utility room has a cloakroom/WC and also links to a flagstone paved patio and deck.
* Beyond the kitchen is a cosy family lounge with contemporary wood burner recessed within an inglenook fireplace and resting on a slightly raised stone hearth. Doors open from here to the patio and deck beyond.
* An inner passageway links through to a dining room to the rear of the property again with its own contemporary wood burner recessed within a deep, broad fireplace.
* This inner lobby opens to the superb conservatory, a significant addition to the property, beyond which is a flagstone paved patio with hot tub and decked seating area floating out over own land the superb views.
* The largest, principal bedroom runs the width of the front of the property and enjoys a southerly aspect looking out over garden and, to the far distance, the Bristol Channel.
* It includes fitted wardrobes and has its own luxurious en suite shower room with twin hand basins and a walk-in shower and a dramatic pitched window providing great natural light and fine open views.
* A second en suite guest bedroom is accessed either from the principal bedroom or via a second staircase from the kitchen. It has its own contemporary en suite shower room.
* This bedroom, in turn, links through to bedroom three with family bathroom and bedroom four beyond.
* These two double bedrooms can also be independently accessed from a staircase to the rear lobby of the property.
* Bedrooms three and four share use of a contemporary shower room with walk-in shower.
Gardens And Grounds - * From its lane frontage, remote controlled, electric gates open into a tarmac topped driveway and circles past a central raised bed with Dovecote
* A broad flagstone path leads over a south facing lawn to the principal entrance doorway.
* This lawn includes, to one corner, a flagstone paved and timber pergola covered outdoor dining area ideally positioned to catch the late afternoon and evening sun.
* Detached garage block is approximately 7.2m x 4.9m and is accessed via twin, side hinged timber doors. It includes its own storage room and, to its rear, a staircase leading to a first floor multi-purpose home office / workroom / playroom.
* The garage has power and water connected and currently houses a laundry area with washing machine and additional appliances.
* The garden to the eastern side of the property is a unique area, incorporating an expansive flagstone paved patio including outdoor kitchen area and pizza oven (to remain) and hot tub (available by separate negotiation).
* This paving leads, in turn, onto a timber deck positioned to float out over the grounds of Cliff House. It has clear glazed panels from which to enjoy the quite amazing open views over the Nant Carfan River Valley and the fields and farmland.
* Beyond the car parking area, to the south of the driveway, is an American style barn (approx. max. 12.7m x 11.1m). This has timber doors to either end and to one side and provides four stable bays and three additional store/tack room/feed rooms. Power and water is connected.
* A gently sloping ramp, fronting the barn, leads to an outdoor manege approximately 50m x 20m covered with ??
* Adjacent to the stabling and ménage is a gently sloping paddock of approx. 4 acres.
* Running to the eastern boundary and on a slope down to the edge of fields below is a wooded area belonging to Cliff House and included within the sale. The gardens, grounds paddock and woodland are about 7 acres in total
Additional Information - Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. Oil-fired central heating. Drainage to be confirmed.
Council tax: Band I
Directions - From our High Street Office proceed in an easterly direction towards Cardiff, travelling through the traffic lights and join the A48. Turn right before The "Aubrey Arms" Public House at Bonvilston, travel a short distance and turn right at the T-junction. Follow this road for approximately 3 miles to Pancross - at the top of the hill before the left hand turning to Llancarfan - and pass Cattwg Cottages on this back lane to Penmark. Cliff House will be to your left after 1/2 a mile.
Proceeds Of Crime Act 2002 - Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
BrochuresALTO- 8 page (Cliff House).pdfBrochure
Near Llancarfan, Vale of Glamorgan, CF62 3AJ
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Rhoose Station1.9 miles
- Barry Station3.8 miles
- Barry Island Station4.3 miles
About the agent
Established in 1857, Watts & Morgan is one of the Oldest Firms of Chartered Surveyors, Auctioneers, Valuers and Estate Agents in South Wales.
With a vast amount of local knowledge we can offer extensive services on virtually every aspect of property related matters within the Residential, Commercial and Agricultural Property Markets.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, let or bid for your dream property our friendly, professional staff will be pleased to help.
Staying secure when looking for property
Disclaimer - Property reference 32371835. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan, Cowbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
**This is indicative only and based on a 2-person household with multiple devices and simultaneous usage. Broadband performance is affected by multiple factors including number of occupants and devices, simultaneous usage, router range etc. For more information speak to your broadband provider.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.