Wetherby Road, Rufforth, York
- PROPERTY TYPE
- TENUREDescribes how you own a property. There are different types of tenure - freehold, leasehold, and commonhold.Read more about tenure in our glossary page.
- AN OUTSTANDING, DETACHED PROPERTY
- LOCATED WITHIN THE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER VILLAGE OF RUFFORTH
- SUBSTANTIAL PROPERTY WITH FOUR BEDROOMS
- THREE RECEPTION ROOMS
- A LARGE PRIVATE DRIVEWAY WITH A GATED ENTRANCE
- THOUGHTFULLY BUILT TO CREATE A CHARMING PROPERTY
- WITHIN THE CATCHMENT AREA OF MANOR ACADEMY AND ALL SAINTS SECONDARY
An outstanding, detached property situated within the highly sought after and charming village of Rufforth, three miles west of York. This superb, family home is accessed via a private, gravel driveway, set back from the road, with gated access to the front of the property.
An outstanding, detached property situated within the highly sought after and pretty village of Rufforth, three miles west of York. This superb, family home is accessed via a private, gravel driveway, set back from the road, with gated access to the front of the property.
Built in 2001, Highfield House was thoughtfully designed and built to create a charming home with characterful features throughout, including using reclaimed bricks to give a more traditional feel and look to the exterior. The property boasts a welcoming entrance porch, a grand entrance hall with the stairs up to the first floor, a ground floor cloakroom, a generous lounge with a log burner, an ornate fire surround and French doors on to the garden, a versatile snug to the rear of the home, a fantastic dining kitchen with a range of wall and base units and built-in appliances, a secondary reception area which is open to the kitchen, creating a wonderful space to entertain guests.
Up to the first floor of the home there is a large landing, a spacious primary bedroom with wonderful countryside views, two additional double bedrooms, a single bedroom and a brand new bathroom suite, with a freestanding, claw foot bath tub and a shower cubicle.
The exterior of the home offers ample parking to the front with the gated access and a useful outside office space. Around to the rear there is a well presented, lawn garden with trees to the back of the garden.
Entrance door and windows to front and side elevations.
The entrance hall has windows to front elevation, stairs to first floor, under stairs cupboard and radiator.
A ground floor cloakroom with a wash hand basin and W.C
Lounge 17' 1" x 11' 11" ( 5.21m x 3.63m )
An inviting lounge with carpeted floors, a lovely log burner, a tv point, a window to the front and French doors on to the rear garden.
Dining Kitchen 27' 2" x 11' 11" ( 8.28m x 3.63m )
A superb, open plan space with wall/base units, an integrated fridge/freezer, a gas hob, an oven, plumbing for a washing machine, a radiator, windows to the front, rear and side, a door to the rear and ample space for a dining table.
Snug 9' 5" x 6' 10" ( 2.87m x 2.08m )
A ground floor snug room with laminate flooring, a radiator, a window to the rear of the home, a door in to the lounge and a door to the kitchen.
A carpeted landing with a cupboard that homes the Worcester boiler and a window to the front of the home, boasting countryside views.
Bedroom One 17' 1" x 11' 11" ( 5.21m x 3.63m )
A fantastic size primary bedroom with carpeted floors, two windows to the rear, a window to the front and two radiators. There is previous en-suite pipework underneath the floor, if the buyer would want to add.
Bedroom Two 11' 11" + recess x 7' ( 3.63m + recess x 2.13m )
The second double bedroom has carpeted floors, a radiator and one window to the rear of the home, boasting county side and sunset views.
Bedroom Three 11' 4" x 8' 8" ( 3.45m x 2.64m )
A third double bedroom with carpeted floors, a radiator and a window to the rear of the home.
Bedroom Four 8' x 7' 3" ( 2.44m x 2.21m )
The fourth bedroom is a good size single with a window to the side of the home and a radiator.
A brand new bathroom suite with a freestanding bath tub, a shower cubicle, a YWCA, a wash hand basin, a window to the rear and the loft access, which is boarded.
The home is accessed via a private, gravel driveway which is gated at the front and leads to a large graveled area which offers ample off street parking space, a paved seating area and an outbuilding/office. Around to the rear of the home, there is a beautifully presented, lawn garden which is tree lined to the back of the garden and a paved seating area.
Rufforth is within the catchment area for a choice of fantastic schools, such as Manor C of E Academy, All Saints Secondary School and Bootham School.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance CertificatesA document confirming the energy efficiency rating of the property.Read more about epc in our glossary page.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Wetherby Road, Rufforth, York
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Poppleton Station2.4 miles
- York Station4.2 miles
- Hammerton Station4.4 miles
About the agent
Choose your local York William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in York
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your local experts too
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference YOR108117. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, York. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
*This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
**This is indicative only and based on a 2-person household with multiple devices and simultaneous usage. Broadband performance is affected by multiple factors including number of occupants and devices, simultaneous usage, router range etc. For more information speak to your broadband provider.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.