Hamilton Drive, Botanics, Glasgow
- PROPERTY TYPE
- TENUREDescribes how you own a property. There are different types of tenure - freehold, leasehold, and commonhold.Read more about tenure in our glossary page.
This utterly charming traditional, blonde sandstone terraced house is in a particularly desirable section of Hamilton Drive and forms part of a small row of terraced properties in the heart of the “Botanics” area. Limited in supply this “C” listed home was built circa 1850 by Robert Crawford and backs onto the tree lined River Kelvin therefore having wonderful seasonal views with full screening in the summer and views through the trees in winter to the edge of the river and the walkway.
Number 12 is part of the central section of this part of Hamilton Drive with the benefit of extra windows, width and depth, compared to others on the terrace.
Internally the property has incredibly versatile accommodation over the four floors and whilst the rooms are spacious, the house remains easily manageable and comfortable. There are numerous notable features including the quality wooden floors, fireplaces and ornate cornicing and the location is so desirable due to being so close to both Great Western Road and Byres Road. At the far end of Hamilton Drive there is access to the beautiful Botanic Gardens lovely walks around the River Kelvin and onto Kelvingrove Park.
• Front entrance vestibule with double storm doors.
• Welcoming reception hall with wooden flooring and ornate cornicing.
• Family sitting room/study with three windows to the front, wooden flooring, focal point fireplace and ornate cornicing.
• Elegant main lounge with three section bay window to the rear, extra window (also to the rear), wooden flooring, focal point fireplace and corner storage cupboard.
Lower Ground Floor
• Lower hallway with storge off,
• Comfortable TV/sitting room with window to the front, focal point fireplace and wooden flooring. Could also be used as bedroom five.
• Downstairs shower room.
• Surprisingly large utility room/store room.
• Fitted dining with three section window to the rear, door to the garden and an additional window to the rear.
• Impressive bedroom number one (principal) which is above the lounge and again has a three section bay window to the rear and an additional window to the rear. Ornate ceiling cornice and restored wood finishes to windows, facings and skirtings.
• Bedroom two with three windows to the front.
• Bedroom three with window to the front.
• Bathroom with four piece suite including a shower cubicle.
• Contemporary glass sides staircase to the attic conversion.
• Substantial attic/bedroom four with wooden flooring, dormer window to the rear and velux window to the front.
• Attic en suite shower room.
• Excellent eaves storage space.
• Gas central heating.
• Planted garden to the front behind the ornate wrought iron railings.
• Private, enclosed garden to rear with patio/terrace, grass and paved pathway down to the lower patio/terrace.
Council Tax Band: G
EPC Rating: D
Council Tax Band: G
Energy Performance CertificatesA document confirming the energy efficiency rating of the property.Read more about epc in our glossary page.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Hamilton Drive, Botanics, Glasgow
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kelvinbridge Station0.3 miles
- Hillhead Station0.4 miles
- St. George's Cross Station0.7 miles
About the agent
Enjoying phenomenal success since opening its doors, the Glasgow West End office has been very well received in the niche market of the West End. The experienced team is led by Managing Partner, Maitland Walker, who has over 30 years' experience in the residential property market and is a leading figure in valuations and sales throughout Glasgow. Jamie Osborne joined the team in October 2014 bringing with him 18 years' of experience and knowledge of the property market, both in and outwith th
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference GWE240068. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rettie & Co, West End. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
*This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
**This is indicative only and based on a 2-person household with multiple devices and simultaneous usage. Broadband performance is affected by multiple factors including number of occupants and devices, simultaneous usage, router range etc. For more information speak to your broadband provider.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.