St. Albans Row, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3
High street retail property to lease
- Lease type:
- Long term
- Well located retail unit within Carlisle City Centre
- Net Internal Area approximately 215 sq ft
- Nearby occupiers include Hodgson's News, Espresso Hub and Angel Nails
- To Let - £10,000 per annum exclusive
The property is situated in the heart of Carlisle city centre and within walking distance to the mainline train station. Carlisle lies close to the Scottish Border and adjacent to Junctions 42, 43 and 44 of the M6 motorway network. It is also on the main west coast Virgin Glasgow to London Euston rail line and has good access east to Newcastle, including Newcastle airport, along the A69 trunk road.
The City of Carlisle has a residential population of 75,000, a wider city population of around 108,000 and an estimated catchment population of 235,000. As well as being the dominant shopping location, it is also the administrative centre in Cumbria and the Borders.
1 St Albans Row occupies a very central trading location within the Grade I Listed Town Hall building in the heart of Carlisle City Centre. There are a number of small independent retailers in the area including Hodgson's News, Espresso Hub and Angel Nails aswell as being close to the highly successful Lanes Shopping Centre.
The property provides a ground floor lock up shop with rear stock room and WC. It has extensive glazed display windows to St Albans Row and is ready for immediate tenant fit out. The property is Grade I listed, so any proposed works require consent from Carlisle City Council's conservation officer / planning department.
Internally, the shop area provides painted walls, fluorescent strip lighting and vinyl flooring. The rear stock room also benefits from a WC.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate Net Internal Floor Area as follows:
Ground Floor 20.02sq m (215 sq ft)
The unit is connected to mains electricity, water and the mains drainage/sewage system.
The property is available by way of a new Internal Repairing & Insuring lease for a term to be agreed and at a rental of £10,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
The VOA website states that the 1 St Albans Row has a Rateable Value of £9,900 and is described as shop & premises.
Small Business Rate Relief may be available to prospective tenants who should check the exact rates payable directly via Carlisle City Council.
The premises have an Energy Efficiency Rating of D78. A copy of the certificate is available to download from the Edwin Thompson website or upon application.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT there on.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with Edwin Thompson LLP Contact:
Ruth Richardson / Suzie Barron
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in February 2022.
St. Albans Row, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Carlisle Station0.3 miles
- Dalston Station4.0 miles
- Wetheral Station4.2 miles
About EDWIN THOMPSON, Carlisle
Fifteen Rosehill Montgomery Way, Rosehill Industrial Estate, Carlisle, CA1 2RW
Disclaimer - Property reference sjbca. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EDWIN THOMPSON, Carlisle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.