Advice guide centre
Meeting the agents and during the valuation
Once you have spoken to 4-6 agents, you can then shortlist the 2-3 that have impressed you the most and that you would like to meet. Get the appointments booked in your diary and meet them at the property.
Allow each agent at least an hour so that they can fully talk you through everything that you need to know. It is not recommended to have more than two valuations in a day as you’ll start to forget who said what if you try and do more than this.
Questions to ask yourself on the valuation:
- Did they turn up on time?
- Were they fully prepared?
- Did they fill you with confidence?
- Do you trust them?
- How confident are you that they have could demonstrate a methodology for the rent that they are suggesting?
- Have they provided sufficient evidence or are they telling you what they think you want to hear?
- How do their fees work?
- Take lots of notes
- There is no such thing as a silly question; if you don’t understand something or you are not sure just ask
- Don’t feel pressured to sign up there and then. You can if you feel comfortable, but don’t be afraid to take some time to digest what you have been told
- Always read their terms and conditions thoroughly, including the small print