• paragraph

    Balgores Lettings are one of the area's leading Letting and Management Agents offering a complete rental, management and rent processing service across Essex and Kent.

    Headed by our Director Daniel Hanks, who has been in the industry since the 90s, and is a member of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA). We are also members of The Property Ombudsmen Scheme for Letting Agents. As fully Licensed ARLA members we are bound by a strict code of conduct which we combine with a proactive and professional approach to the marketing, rental and management of your property.

    Our experience within the local letting market means that we are in an ideal position to successfully take care of your renting and management needs. We have skilled, professional and reliable staff, who will ensure that you receive the highest quality service throughout our relationship together

  • paragraph

Contact us


  • paragraph

    • Why Use Balgores

      Balgores Lettings have established themselves as one of Havering's leading Letting and Property Management specialists by always making sure our Clients are put first and that we constantly exceed their expectations.

      We rigorously vet all Tenants to ensure their suitability by credit scoring, work references, landlord references and proof of I.D so that you can rest assured that we have done everything possible to make sure your risk is minimised.

      However for absolute peace of mind that on the rare occasion that something does happen we offer rental warranty options to make sure you still receive your rent.

    • Why is our Management Department Different

      Balgores have always realised that the key to a successful letting and, therefore, satisfied clients is the management of the property after the Tenants have moved in.

      With this in mind we have invested heavily in state of the art technology allowing our clients to have access to an on line state of the art management system, constant updates should there be any repairs and a library of information relating to their Tenancy.

      We also know that whilst Technology is wonderful the most important thing to most of our clients is the quality of the staff and this is why we only recruit the right type of people who are dedicated to client satisfaction and most have recently completed their diploma in Residential Letting & Management.

    • What Do I Do Now
      That's the easy part. Just give us a call on 0208 502 1559and speak to our Area Lettings Manager Paul Loding who will happily answer any further questions you may have or arrange to visit your property and provide you with a full valuation.
Contact us


  • paragraph

    Who is responsible for payment of the Utilities?
    You will be responsible once you move into the property, this would include Water, Gas, Electricity, Council Tax, telephone and TV licence.

    Who is responsible for repair/maintenance problems?

    The Landlord would normally be responsible for repairs to the property but you would be expected to carry out day to repairs, eg light bulbs, fuses etc, and should any damage be caused through negligence then this would be your responsibility to have repaired. A tenant should report repairs as soon as they become aware.

    Will my privacy be respected?

    Yes. Your privacy is respected. It is normal for a Landlord or Agent to carry out inspections during the Term of the Tenancy however they should give you reasonable notice of this and it would not normally take place more often than quarterly. This area is normally covered in the tenancy agreement signed by you and the Landlord.

    Does the Letting Agent I choose matter?

    Yes. To ensure you receive a professional service its best to choose an agent who is a member of ARLA(Association of Residential Letting Agents) or NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents). ARLA & NAEA members ensure that the transaction is handled properly. An ARLA or NAEA agent works to professional standards that work well for both landlord and tenant. For example, the tenant renting through an ARLA or NAEA agent can expect that the landlord will carry out safety checks e.g. gas, electrics, furniture etc. The correct tenancy agreement will be used, ensuring that responsibilities are clearly set down and privacy of the tenant is adequate. An ARLA or NAEA agent will also have proper procedures for reporting and dealing with repairs and furthermore provide a bonding scheme, which will protect your deposit (details available). You may be advised to check if the agent is part of The Property Ombudsman (part of the OFT)

    How do I know my deposit is protected?

    Your Agent/Landlord must provide you with details of the Scheme under which the Deposit is protected within 30 days of you paying the Deposit to the Agent. Making sure you use an ARLA or NAEA registered Agent.

    How long do I have to rent for?

    Most Tenancy Agreements will be for a 12-month period but on some occasions it may be possible to insert a break clause allowing you to give two months notice after the first 4 months have elapsed.

    What happens if I want to leave early?

    If you need to leave the property before the end of your Tenancy or any valid break clause you will be responsible for paying the rent until a suitable replacement Tenant has been found and you will also be responsible for meeting any costs incurred by the Landlord in re-letting the property.

    What is the most common type of agreement used and can I add things that concern me?

    Almost all Tenancy Agreements used these days are Assured Shorthold Tenancies. This is normally a standard contract between landlord and tenant. If the Landlord agrees to certain conditions, i.e to provide furniture, allow decorating etc, an extra clause be added to the agreement to this effect. The landlord is not obliged to carry out promises so it is important that you requests are documented.

    Will I have any contact with the Landlord or will the Agent handle all matters?

    This will depend on the service that the Landlord instructs us to carry out for them. In the event of a Let Only service you will be provided with the Landlord's details when you move in and will have no further dealings with us. If we have been instructed as Rent Processing agents then you will have the Landlord's details for any issues relating to the property but all rent issues will be dealt with via us and finally if the Landlord instructs us to Manage the property then all dealings will be via us and you will have no dealings with your Landlord.

    What does the Letting Agent do?

    Our Client is the Landlord and therefore we are limited in any help we can offer a Tenant. As a professional Agent, however, we would help as much as possible and will not move you into a property unless we know it is safe for you to do so. When we act as Managing Agents we will try to be fair with all dealings between you and the Landlord and if we believe your point to be valid would certainly let the Landlord know.

Contact us


    The content on this Microsite has been uploaded by Balgores, Loughton - Lettings. Rightmove Group Limited makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the content, any queries should be sent directly to Balgores, Loughton - Lettings. Where properties are displayed on a page, this comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove Group Limited who operate the website Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. These property advertisements do not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Balgores, Loughton - Lettings. Please contact the agent directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland and if you have any query over the content.