Barons Estate Agents was formed in 1988 by Kevin Penfold & Trevor Lee, with the office being opened in February of that year. That same office is still open and thriving at Winton Square in Basingstoke. Both directors started their career at large independent estate agencies in the early 1980's, working their way up the career ladder from trainees, to office managers, and finally regional managers. Along the way gaining extensive knowledge of how to deal with a range of properties, people and the ever-changing legal system.
Kevin & Trevor met whilst working at Parkers Independent Estate Agency and developed a great working relationship. Parkers was eventually taken over by Legal & General; keen not to enter the corporate environment and all that goes with it, Kevin & Trevor hatched plans to establish a local independent estate agent that would go the extra mile for their clients. Having undertaken extensive market research, they decided that Basingstoke was the place to be.
Starting the agency with themselves and two other employees they hit the ground running by selling their first property in Brighton Hill and haven't looked back since. Throughout the years they have witnessed ever changing market places, large property developments being built and ever-changing regulations and laws.
At Barons Independent Estate Agents, we are passionate about property and pride ourselves on decades of successful selling in Basingstoke and the surrounding villages. Our team of negotiators are approachable, skilful and extremely knowledgeable, boasting over 75 years experience of estate agency in the Basingstoke and surrounding markets.
Our unrivalled understanding of the area allows us to find the perfect property for customers, whether they are looking for an elegant Victorian town house or apartment in the town centre, or even a cottage in the Old Basing. We also advise on buy-to-let, investment properties or the purchase of a second home. Our experienced staff, all formally trained by Kevin & Trevor mean those selling through Barons Estate Agents can expect an excellent level of service. As leading residential independent estate agents in the surrounding area, we have a large property portfolio and being registered with us ensures that you will be contacted by telephone, email or text on all new properties that are coming to the market. With a vast depth of local knowledge we are able to guide you to the right areas, good schools, amenities and bus/train services, to name a few.
We firmly focus on maximising the exposure of our properties with quality photography, floorplans and high quality brochures in conjunction with prominent advertising on the internet and in local press when necessary. We give regular progress updates, essential proactive sales advice and informative feedback. Our office is highly visible in a prime Basingstoke town centre location - the first port of call for those looking to relocate. We are fully committed to delivering an excellent service to vendors, delicately balanced by our desire to help our purchasers find their ideal property. This continues throughout the conveyancing process, and often beyond!
paragraphWhy Choose Barons Estate Agents?
- We are dedicated solely to residential sales.
- We listen to your needs.
- We give considered, experienced and pro-active advice.
- We are accountable as members of the Property Ombudsman.
- We will not charge you an upfront fee, nor tie you into a lengthy sole agency period.
- We produce high quality brochures, at no extra charge with detailed floorplans and excellent photography.
- We operate a substantial, well managed mailing list of international, national, London and local buyers.
- All accompanied viewings will be carried out by well-informed negotiators, followed up by informative and constructive feedback.
- SIX full time members of staff, ensuring you will always be able to contact a member of staff when necessary.
- Full time sales progression department overseen by Trevor Lee who has 30 years' experience, ensuring your property sale goes through as smoothly as possible.