Julie Twist Properties was established in 1994, when Manchester was still trying to get a name on the map. Julie says, "I had a great passion for the city and truly believed in it. I worked alongside the Central Manchester Development Corporation for the first few years with the same goal: to bring life back in to Manchester and make it a 24-hour city".
At this time, Manchester only had a handful of developments and around 600 residents. It took three years for any other agent to see the potential in Manchester and for this period of time, Julie Twist Properties was the only estate agent dealing with the rapidly growing Manchester residential market. Urban Splash was the first developer to approach Julie to sell their property in Manchester. Five more Urban Splash developments were to follow. Artisan was another Manchester-based developer that contacted the company. Again, another four developments followed. This has become a familiar pattern and today the city centre population now stands at around 15,000 and continues to grow.
As the market took off, Julie increased the number of staff she employed, many of whom are still with the company today. The company has grown into a successful and well-respected organisation.
Julie explains, "My main objectives for the company, and the industry, are for customers to be able to trust us, communicate with us and build up solid relationships with us. Within the office, I aim to have a hardworking team that can pull together, deal with whatever may be thrown at us and prove that we are the best in the field. After eighteen years leading the way in the Manchester property market, I feel I am at the point where I can shout about the excellent team I have, the outstanding results we have achieved and how we play a key role in a city that has now become England's Capital of the North."
Estate Agency of the year
This was recognised by our victory at Estate Agency of the year in November 2005.Following that accolade. Julie herself was asked to act on the judging panel for Estate Agency of the Year and has done so ever since. This is a role she has taken very seriously and of which she is extremely proud
Facts & Figures
· First Agent dealing with Sales and Rentals in Manchester City Centre
· Members of the NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents), ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents)OEA (Ombudsman on Estate Agents), OFT (Office of Fair Trading), TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme)
· Winner of Best Small Estate Agency and Best Overall Estate Agency of the Year 2005
· First Female to win Estate Agency of the Year
· First Estate Agency to win Estate Agency of the Year and be based in the North of England
· Julie worked closely with the Manchester Development Corporation when the aim was to create a 24-hour city
· We are open 7 days a week
· We are open until 8pm Monday to Thursday
· Our phone lines are open 24/7 We can provide the following start up packs: Bedding, Kitchen and Safety
· We use professional external photography
· We offer a weekly cleaning service
· We offer property maintenance throughout Greater Manchester All our services are managed in-house
· Our staff are continuously training with diplomas and technical awards
· Our Sales Director has the highest level qualifications in the industry
· Julie worked in Manchester when there were only 2 completed developments